Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To claim or not ot claim

Options
  • 12-08-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    Any advice on the following. I have fully comp car insurance on my car there are a number of things that need fixing replacing on the car, front window, front bumper, chip and damage to passenger doors. I'd say all up 1000 or more to fix. Can i claim for these repairs on my insurance and would it be worth it?
    Any advice appreciated:confused:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i assume each of these happened in different accidents / incidents? in that case you'd have to detail each incident and pay an excess on each one probably.

based on that probably not worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

Yeah they all happened in the last month but i don't know if you can group them together in one claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you can't group multiple incidents together in the same claim. they might not even deal with them as claims if you can't give more details on what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

All are separate incidents and the policy excess will apply to each one. The policy is not there to maintain your car, I wouldn't even bother making the call

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gooner84

if you have windscreen cover on your policy, you can claim for that, there prob will be very little excess if any and doesn't usually affect your bonus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollyday

You wouldn't be able to claim for everything as the previous poster said, but I have a fairly new golf which it looks like somebody reversed into the side of. So I rang my insurance company and they said I could make two claims in the space of 3 years without this affecting my no claims bonus. I did have to pay an excess fee of 300 euro but it's better than forking out for the whole lot particularly when it isn't your own fault. I got my left panel, bumper and mirror fixed as they were all on the left hand side and were the cause of one accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

hollyday wrote: »
    You wouldn't be able to claim for everything as the previous poster said, but I have a fairly new golf which it looks like somebody reversed into the side of. So I rang my insurance company and they said I could make two claims in the space of 3 years without this affecting my no claims bonus. I did have to pay an excess fee of 300 euro but it's better than forking out for the whole lot particularly when it isn't your own fault. I got my left panel, bumper and mirror fixed as they were all on the left hand side and were the cause of one accident.
    That's the key point, unlike (I assume) The OPs situation

Advertisement