Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige Editions announced.

Options
  • 12-08-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/355

The Hardened and Prestige Editions of Call of Duty Black Ops have just been announced.

The place to Pre-Order in Ireland is most likely Gamestop, must pre-order early to get the Prestige Edition with the cool remote control car!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

At the risk of sounding like a criminal I was hoping for a realistic looking Pellet Gun or a Working Drinking Flask or something reasonably adult.A remote Control Car,really.I didn't see the price but I imagine like last years prestige one its overpriced & its harder as hell to find on release day.
    Now a Crossbow would of been a unreal choice as its in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

GTR63 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a criminal I was hoping for a realistic looking Pellet Gun or a Working Drinking Flask or something reasonably adult.A remote Control Car,really.I didn't see the price but I imagine like last years prestige one its overpriced & its harder as hell to find on release day.
    Now a Crossbow would of been a unreal choice as its in the game.

you'd be surprized how many r/c " toys " are used as weapons in warfare these days....

uav tiny heli's with cams and obv R/C cars plus many more.

their cheap effective and are like most soldiers.... disposible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Seen this in Game in the Ilac today, its €159.99 with a €20 deposit, it comes with the RC car that has a Colour screen and mic :D and also 4 Exclusive Co-Op Maps :eek: Guy told we deposits stop on Wednesday

No way I can afford this and the new xbox :( but it looks cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

and the new xbox

Just to tell you, but there's barely anything different about this "new" Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

True, but I didn't buy the slim when it came out so at €299.99 with Reach and an extra pad it looks better value. Plus it makes Halo sounds :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Well apart from it being smaller, quieter, with built in wireless, smaller 250gb HDD and aesthetically and internally different...no nothing makes it stand out from previous models whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

As for the special editions, I honestly think they just make Call of Duty look like a childs game when compared to the likes of Bad Company or Medal of Honor. All this effort of bundling toys with the game just so they can boost sales among the young teen demographic, whereas EA special editions of late come with things of actual gaming value such as beta access to BF3 at little to no extra cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

robby^5 wrote: »
    Well apart from it being smaller, quieter, with built in wireless, smaller 250gb HDD and aesthetically and internally different...no nothing makes it stand out from previous models whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

300 smackers for something thatplays the same games as whatyou already have? Some people have too much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    300 smackers for something thatplays the same games as whatyou already have? Some people have too much money.

The slim model is not €300, it's in the region of €230-€250 depending where you buy. The Halo Reach console is €300 because it makes different noises and Halo fans will buy anything, well in general the people who buy limited editions will buy anything it seems. Unless it adds something to the actual game I wont bother with it.

As for the xbox you seem to be assuming all purchases of a slim model will be an upgrade. First time buyers will probably disagree. They're getting the same console with all the benefits I outlined above. There are also plenty of attractive reasons to upgrade. I had a launch day 360 that had already rrod and I needed more storage and a wireless adapater, the cost of trading in and not having to buy a new harddrive and adapater made it easy for me to choose to upgrade. It's a pity M$ gave us such a **** deal to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

360slim.jpg

See this image? It LIES.
    I hate playing the numbers game, but it's barely 5% smaller than the previous design.
    Also it has an external power brick. A thing I can't believe the Wii has either.

Advertisement