Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weekend spin? 14/15th

• 12-08-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone is up for a weekend spin, by this i mean does anyone fancy suggesting a route and time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Headin out on sat morning. Swords - Balbriggan - Naul - Ballyboughal - Swords. Bout 50k. Only returning to the bike so will be quite leisurely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Greystones to Kilmac or Ashford, Then Roundwood Laragh, Sally Gap, Roundwood and back to Kilmac.

80 or so km..Maybe a stop along the way for a shot or 2 of Espresso.

Probably an early enough start so as to enjoy the weather for the rest of the day:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Heading out Saturday & Sunday: 8am from Terenure via - Edmonston Rd (8.10am) - Cruagh - Kilakee - Sally Gap - Laragh - Wicklow Gap - Boherbreena - Terenure.

Approx 100km. Leaving early to get back in time for Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

That route from Swords is a good cycle. did somthing similar a few weeks back but went through Garristown after Naul and back to Swords. Never realised there was so many sheep and cows in that part of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Going to be heading out in the morning from Dundrum, prob around 10

Will probably try the Glencullen / Viewing Point / Sally Gap route then down to Laragh for some lunch, will decide then how I feel and where to go. Hoping to do near 100kms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll go out, but I'm only going out for a leg loosener, definitely no more than 60km. Probably a solo run unless Planet-x or someone who normally like those spins is heading out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'll go out, but I'm only going out for a leg loosener, definitely no more than 60km. Probably a solo run unless Planet-x or someone who normally like those spins is heading out.
    Sounds perfect, I'd be heading in from celbridge anyway which would round it up a good bit.

abcdggs wrote: »
    Sounds perfect, I'd be heading in from celbridge anyway which would round it up a good bit.

WARNING: Dirk will be heading out tonight, so if you don't see him in Dundrum then carry on.

WARNING: Dirk will be heading out tonight, so if you don't see him in Dundrum then carry on.
    warning noted, i'll be in dundrum for 9 for a 60 km spin route as yet unplanned

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Can't make it tomorrow but would like to.
    Heading down to Athlone........in the car with da missus. Monkey business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

anyone heading out from Finglas or nearby in the a.m.?

Sorry, only got home at 5am. Left my alarm on for 8am to see how I felt but I was totally shattered.

Sorry, only got home at 5am. Left my alarm on for 8am to see how I felt but I was totally shattered.
    no worries, i had a dreadful day. got as far as johnnie foxes and my legs were bet so i just went home.

no worries, i had a dreadful day. got as far as johnnie foxes and my legs were bet so i just went home.
    Saw you on your way home, was just heading up from Dundrum and you were going past, just after 10am. Was only heading out then myself

Was that you going over the bridge? hello. was definitely a better idea to head out later, the weather was phenomenal.

Was that you going over the bridge? hello. was definitely a better idea to head out later, the weather was phenomenal.
    Yep, that was me in the new boards kit.

It was a smashing day out there alright - the weather forecast said there could be showers, but it was bright all day.

Shattered now though, longest spin in a while

Advertisement