Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for wholesaler help

Options
  • 12-08-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the guys selling at GAA matches get their stock from ? Hats, flags, scarfs ect

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

2qk4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the guys selling at GAA matches get their stock from ? Hats, flags, scarfs ect

10 seconds on google found me:

www.irishwholesaleflags.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

10 seconds on google found me:

www.irishwholesaleflags.com

That does not answer the question, ive seen that and its not what im looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

http://teamcarflagireland.com/

they have the official contract and rights to all GAA flags and the Rugby flags.

They are the main wholesaler.

kilburn wrote: »
    http://teamcarflagireland.com/

they have the official contract and rights to all GAA flags and the Rugby flags.

They are the main wholesaler.

Thanks, anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Budget Marketing

Their stock is usually not particular to any one county or country - for example scarves are usually made up of 2 block colours and no crest.

So i would imagine that they are sourcing them outside Ireland. Surely there are 1000's of teams with red and white colours (like cork), so a red and whte scarf is probably produced in massive qtys in the east.

Rob

• Advertisement

Their stock is usually not particular to any one county or country - for example scarves are usually made up of 2 block colours and no crest.

So i would imagine that they are sourcing them outside Ireland. Surely there are 1000's of teams with red and white colours (like cork), so a red and whte scarf is probably produced in massive qtys in the east.

Rob

Thanks, anyone else ?

Well thats the only official supplier the rest would be knock off counterfeit stuff, stick with the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Budget Marketing

Well thats the only official supplier the rest would be knock off counterfeit stuff, stick with the original.

In order to compete with the chaps selling scarves and flags for €3 i dont think you could afford to buy from that wholesaler. That wholesaler is to me more aimed at retail selling where you might sell a flag for 10-20euro.
    No one wants an official flag at the match, they just want a flag in their counties colours to wave arond for 2 hours of match play. Its an impulse buy at >€5

In order to compete with the chaps selling scarves and flags for €3 i dont think you could afford to buy from that wholesaler. That wholesaler is to me more aimed at retail selling where you might sell a flag for 10-20euro.
    No one wants an official flag at the match, they just want a flag in their counties colours to wave arond for 2 hours of match play. Its an impulse buy at >€5

Thats my thoughts too, I would be selling in a Sunday market so they would have to be very cheap to buy.

You do realise its an offence to sell counterfeit versions of licenced products?

• Advertisement

You do realise its an offence to sell counterfeit versions of licenced products?

Who said I want to sell counterfeit products ? If you cant help then stop spamming the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

can a flag be "licenced" ?

I am not spamming the thread. I have informed you that there is only one official wholesaler in Ireland of such products and I gave you there name. I also told you that it is an offence to sell unlicenced products ! If you do a bit of research you will see that the company I mentioned are official exclusive suppliers of the products. You might get your facts right before you start accusing people of spamming. Remember when you sell copies of licenced goods you are only harming the proper suppliers and putting jobs at risk but hey if you can sell a few flags who cares. Speaking from experience here. You should accept advice and not criticise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I am not spamming the thread. I have informed you that there is only one official wholesaler in Ireland of such products and I gave you there name. I also told you that it is an offence to sell unlicenced products ! If you do a bit of research you will see that the company I mentioned are official exclusive suppliers of the products. You might get your facts right before you start accusing people of spamming. Remember when you sell copies of licenced goods you are only harming the proper suppliers and putting jobs at risk but hey if you can sell a few flags who cares. Speaking from experience here. You should accept advice and not criticise it.

A red and white flag is not a counterfeit product. Pennys sell county jerseys which are not counterfeit. Anyone is entitled to produce and sell a red and white jersey which says Cork or whatever county.

If you read the OP it says GAA, im only talkng about stuff with the logos on them.

This is the very reason why so many people dont post on this site, everything ends up in a smart arse debate where comments are disected and people get offended by keyboard warriors.

Its simple, where can I buy these items ? If you know then post and Ill say thanks, If you dont know then dont post. If I wanted legal advise Id ask a solicitor. If anyone has anything positive to add then work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Did you ever get sorted with this?

A mate of mine had a few ideas for GAA matches a while back and got unusual gear made and branded out in China for Dublin, Cork and Waterford GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Did the business opportunity work out?

Advertisement