Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sink wrote: »
    Just got an email from them with a code for a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a choice of a free game of either Mafia II, Civilization V or The Darkness 2! And a code for BioShock Infinite Industrial Revolution mini puzzle game. All for €29.29, bargain!

I sent them an email asking is there a free copy of xcom and bioshock 1 and they just copy and pasted the text on the bioshock infinite page which didn't mention either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Just got an email from them with a code for a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a choice of a free game of either Mafia II, Civilization V or The Darkness 2! And a code for BioShock Infinite Industrial Revolution mini puzzle game. All for €29.29, bargain!

Yeah me too.
    They always do stuff like that. I don't know why people always overlook that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

ShaneU wrote: »
    I sent them an email asking is there a free copy of xcom and bioshock 1 and they just copy and pasted the text on the bioshock infinite page which didn't mention either of them.

Yeah it doesn't mention them on the product page, I was not expecting it.

Both mails:
    Dear gamer,

Following your purchase of Bioshock Infinite , we are happy to offer you a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown !

To download it, click here and enter your promotional code (no need to enter your banking details).

Please find your promotional code below. If you already own this game, don't hesitate to gift it to a friend:

"promocode was here"

Happy Gaming,
    Dear gamer,

Following your purchase of Bioshock Infinite , we are happy to offer you a free copy of one of the following games: Mafia II, Civilization V, The Darkness 2 !

To download it, click here, find the game you want and enter your promotional code (no need to enter your banking details).

Please find your promotional code below. If you already own this game, don't hesitate to gift it to a friend:

"Code"

Happy Gaming,

Your Customer Support Team

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

You were lucky, my wife , and indeed some of my friends followed the Bioshock infinite website in October to the bioshock infinite Songbird edition order from game.co.uk. When you pick ireland this was where you were sent.

That was October.

21st of Feb game.co.uk cancelled the pre order. Apparently they will not ship 1KG out of the UK and could not be bothered to tell anyone when they were putting in the original order, anyone else have this experience ? I assume there are more pre-order people here as well ?

Anyway, blogged about it, no point putting it into a walled garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

€38 delivered @SimplyGames, delivery probably longer than amazon though

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19159/Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox-360

Pretty good deal, went for this crowd.
    Wont be able to play it until the weekend so don't mind having to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just got my steam key from gamesplanet, preloading now, 15GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the season pass? Is it the name of DLC or is it an actual pass for something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you basically pre buy all the dlc for the game and i thinkt he discount works out that you get one of them for free

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the season pass? Is it the name of DLC or is it an actual pass for something?

It's a discount for all future DLC yet to be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Grand stuff. The description on Steam seemed like it was phrased really badly (or I could be stupid. Either's possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Ah nuts.....well the Gamersgate credit works out slightly better I guess.

Occono wrote: »
    Ah nuts.....well the Gamersgate credit works out slightly better I guess.

They just sent me my preload key as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just been sent the pre-load key from Gamefly, buried inside one of the two e-mails they sent to inform me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

They just sent me my preload key as well :)

Gamersgate has mine too now, thanks for letting me know, they didn't email me :P

Oh well, the store credit is more then the cheaper price, gamersgate has a decent selection, no worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is only 50 quid in store at symths. Not bad at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Works out at €29.29 on PayPal, that is an awesome price however I just purchased it and they won't release the activation code until 26/03/2013 01:01 AM British Time, which means you can't pre-load it.

I just got a key off them :) Pre-loading now.

3wayswitch wrote: »
    I just got a key off them :) Pre-loading now.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know the download size for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

17323 meg apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

€38 delivered @SimplyGames, delivery probably longer than amazon though

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19159/Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox-360

Couldn't turn that down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Any word on midnight releases in Ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

blobby360 wrote: »

Remember not to trust this review. It was more than likely a paid exclusive, hence the pre-embargo review.

Not that I expect the game to be anything other than excellent, of course, but it's a shame 'exclusive' reviews are still a thing in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Did anyone pre-order this for PS3? I was about to do it on Gamestop because they were offering the original Bioshock as a bonus, but they seem to have withdrawn it now. So I went with Amazon instead, who still seem to be offering it. Hopefully it'll be the PS3 version because I have the Bioshock 2 through PS+ and would be nice to own all 3 on the 1 console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Remember not to trust this review. It was more than likely a paid exclusive, hence the pre-embargo review.

Not that I expect the game to be anything other than excellent, of course, but it's a shame 'exclusive' reviews are still a thing in 2013.

Can't believe this is even allowed, if it was any other game i'd be very skeptical

I can't understand why publishers do this, it's just telling us that the reviewers are shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did anyone pre-order this for PS3? I was about to do it on Gamestop because they were offering the original Bioshock as a bonus, but they seem to have withdrawn it now. So I went with Amazon instead, who still seem to be offering it. Hopefully it'll be the PS3 version because I have the Bioshock 2 through PS+ and would be nice to own all 3 on the 1 console :D

I preordered the steelbook edition off them on thursday but after checking my order now it just says bioshock infinite pre order yet it's still the same price.

Going to get onto them to make sure I get the right version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Anyone gotten their key from GreenManGaming? Their site's down and they stated before they were disabling the key section of users' accounts since it was causing the site to crash and that they were gonna email them instead. Still haven't gotten my email, really want to start the pre-load since the download's fairly hefty, 17GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Anyone gotten their key from GreenManGaming? Their site's down and they stated before they were disabling the key section of users' accounts since it was causing the site to crash and that they were gonna email them instead. Still haven't gotten my email, really want to start the pre-load since the download's fairly hefty, 17GB.

nope, not yet, still waiting on xcom key too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Few questions before I order from GamesPlanet.

Do I get to pre-load.

Are the free games Steam redeemable.

And is there any where who let me Pre-load and get free games :D

Thanks.

Advertisement