Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

blobby360 wrote: »
    Few questions before I order from GamesPlanet.

Do I get to pre-load.

Are the free games Steam redeemable.

And is there any where who let me Pre-load and get free games :D

Thanks.
    yes
    yes
    gamesplanet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just bought it from GamesPlanet.

Pre-Loading now. Anyone know when they send you the free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just got the email from Green man gaming, have the xcom and infinite keys now and am able to pre-download

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

By any chance did anybody read the mini prequel they released as a kindle e book, was quite interesting to see the angle the game will take and introduces a few characters well worth 2.99 tbh

I just hope that Infinite has the same depth of story that the previous two had. Sure, it looks pretty, but without the story, then it's nothing.

When is the reviews embargo up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I just hope that Infinite has the same depth of story that the previous two had. Sure, it looks pretty, but without the story, then it's nothing.

When is the reviews embargo up?

Tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

blobby360 wrote: »
    Just bought it from GamesPlanet.

Pre-Loading now. Anyone know when they send you the free games.
    It was 2 hours later I got the emails for the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well i said i will stay away from it, but i couldnt... So i grabed it off green man gaming.

got a spare copy of Bioshock 1 and X-Com now...

Btw is it released Globaly on 26th or like always friday for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Globally on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Well i said i will stay away from it, but i couldnt... So i grabed it off green man gaming.

got a spare copy of Bioshock 1 and X-Com now...

Btw is it released Globaly on 26th or like always friday for us?

You should really run a competition for X-Com and Bioshock

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    You should really run a competition for X-Com and Bioshock

well i did already got a beggars pms... With a post count of 3... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lot of flame wars going on in the IGN boards as they reviewed the PC version and gave a higher review

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Lot of flame wars going on in the IGN boards as they reviewed the PC version and gave a higher review

to be fair in the video he gave his reasons. The graphics are better and (more importantly) its easier to handle the game's variety of weapons and powers with a mouse keyboard combo then a gamepad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

From IGN's review
    It’s far from an ugly game (quite the opposite, really), but the low-quality textures, wooden NPCs (aside from Elizabeth), and occasional minor but noticeable framerate hitches are all maladies the first BioShock avoided.

Well thats rubbish for a kick off. Both bioshock games on both platforms have frame rate issues./

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

48.99 in Argos

47.40 in symths with loyalty card discount.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Picked it up myself (PC), 37.49 with Xcom, Bioshock and Civ V. Anyone want Bioshock?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

28 euro on GamesPlanet for Bioshock Infinite, XCOM and Civ5?

What a bargain. Bought it the instant I saw it. Preloading through steam now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Picked it up myself (PC), 37.49 with Xcom, Bioshock and Civ V. Anyone want Bioshock?

If it's not gone yet, why not give it as a prize for some arbitrary task (ideally Bioshock related) or for someone who answers an obscure, non-googleable question.

Nice gesture to offer it here by the way :)

Second review is in from some german gaming magazine, score is
    90%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All the main reviews should drop at 4pm this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Grrr... dropped into Gamestop Parkway earlier to check if they got in the Steelbook version for those who pre-ordered like on the website. Like I was told they would. Nope. :(

If I didn't have vouchers, I'd take my money elsewhere. It's frustrating the way Gamestop differentiate their online and offline businesses. Also a shame because the staff in there a decent bunch.

I wonder why we got such a bananza with PC version of bioshock. This is the first time I see such a battle for preorders.
    Did the publishers gave good prices to sell it for, or it is just a huge fight for a next best seller. I really don't think bioshock needed price drop or such aggressive campaign as almost everyone ( even cod eu elite players ) know about bioshock. It would still have sold like hot pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Eurogamer Review

fook spoilers, this isn't Who Shot JR.

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

just out of interest is there any ps3 pre order bonus from gamestop?
    thanks

quarryman wrote: »
    Eurogamer Review

fook spoilers, this isn't Who Shot JR.

10/10
    I agree lol. Why would you put spoiler on score lol.

Anyway, I am really "jelly" of all of you, who will be able to play it tonight! I got work tomorrow :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Destructoid: 10/10
    Escapist: 5/5
    Gametrailers: 9.4/10
    RockPaperShotgun: no score but last paragraph
    Infinite’s a triumph in terms of fantasy-architecture spectacle and bringing superb flexibility to the modern rollercoaster shooter, but in other respects it’s a step down from the player agency and even the singular aesthetic of BioShock. Not that it necessarily needs to, as it is most certainly a game in its own right rather than mere offspring, but I’m not convinced it will live quite as long in our collective memory as did/does its parent. It sure does make me want to use superlatives like ‘majestic’, ‘lavish’ and ‘spectacular’ over and over again, though.

IGN: 9.4 on consoles, 9.5 on PC (but f**k their opinion right, it was paid for....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I agree lol. Why would you put spoiler on score lol.

Anyway, I am really "jelly" of all of you, who will be able to play it tonight! I got work tomorrow :(.

Apparently, if you're in to that sort of thing (ie. circumventing publisher's wishes in playing a game earlier than allowed for your region) you can activate the game via VPN to New Zealand.

Note: Steam have been issuing warnings to people for doing this of late so use at your own risk.

Bioshock: Infinite has one of the most idiotic timed releases yet, it unlocks across the world on the 26th, but only as each time-zone enters the 26th.

I won't be able to as I'm still waiting on my AMD key to arrive :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Grrr... dropped into Gamestop Parkway earlier to check if they got in the Steelbook version for those who pre-ordered like on the website. Like I was told they would. Nope. :(

If I didn't have vouchers, I'd take my money elsewhere. It's frustrating the way Gamestop differentiate their online and offline businesses. Also a shame because the staff in there a decent bunch.

I prepordered the songbird edition. Told last week they wouldn't be getting it in. At all.

Advertisement