Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

wont get to play this until wednesday at the earliest :(
    know the feeling,mine only shipped from amazon at 4 today...a well

• Awww **** son, 11? Graaand so. I only just finished Bioshock a few hours ago after having started it several times over the years and never having finished it, so I'm looking forward to this.
    SAME! Just completed Bioshock 1 there. Been storming through it the last 2 weeks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not going to get to play this till friday. I'll be somewhere I can get my 360 and PS3 online so I'll be downloading the Mass Effect 3 DLC, Citadel, and whatever other stuff I remember I need to download. Oh, like Dishonoured DLC which means I'll actually buy Dishonoured to play at some point. I didn't want to buy it and have to wait ages to play the DLC. If I end up deciding to wait to play the DLC, I'd like that to be my choice, and not just "oh, I can't download it" and put aside the game till I can. Now, I'll be trying to think of other stuff I should download when have the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh f'ck. Double ordered. One of those failed CC payments actually worked :/

Anyone have a phone number for them?

Guys, should I call visa and ask them to recall the funds or trust that I'll be issued a refund in time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm not going to get to play this till friday. I'll be somewhere I can get my 360 and PS3 online so I'll be downloading the Mass Effect 3 DLC, Citadel, and whatever other stuff I remember I need to download. Oh, like Dishonoured DLC which means I'll actually buy Dishonoured to play at some point. I didn't want to buy it and have to wait ages to play the DLC. If I end up deciding to wait to play the DLC, I'd like that to be my choice, and not just "oh, I can't download it" and put aside the game till I can. Now, I'll be trying to think of other stuff I should download when have the chance.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Shadow-Complex/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108f6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ED E wrote: »
    Guys, should I call visa and ask them to recall the funds or trust that I'll be issued a refund in time?

cover your arse ED, do both, mail the bank, or call them and let the retailer know you only wanted one copy instead of two. Pretty crap that stuff like that can still happen these days :/

cover your arse ED, do both, mail the bank, or call them and let the retailer know you only wanted one copy instead of two. Pretty crap that stuff like that can still happen these days :/

Called the bank and they cant/wont put a hold on the transactions(365 listing 5 of them) so my only route is a Visa dispute form. Problem is that may not work once the key goes into the wild.

Its 30E, so not a huge problem, but I'm not exactly swimming in it atm.

Have already left a support ticket. This wouldnt be a problem if they just had a bloody phone to call, its a two second cancellation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

All systems go :pac:

feck that i'd be wanting my cash back.

on the plus side, it's unpacking now yey!

• Advertisement

• Unpacking!!! Come on!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Still unpacking. :(

Shopping List
    1) Homeplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

What's this unpacking business anyway? I assumed it'd do the usual DirectX routine as the game's data was already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Come on, Steam.

I have the wee, "Ready to launch in..." box, but the time is going up, not down.
    Anyone else have that?

If this doesn't happen tonight, I'll be left with no choice but to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

The wee blue bars do seem to be increasing in number, but never when I look at them.

Edit: oh-ho! Time remaining is decreasing, at a rate of about 1 second every 2 or 3 seconds.

it's unpacking incredibly slowly for me too :D the suspense.. it's keeling yoU!

would you kindly unpack a little quicker?

10 seconds!

NOW it's DirectX time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Goodbye thread until I actually get the game myself

Boom!

• Advertisement

And we have liftoff! :D

Loved the intro sequences, sound design, art design and atmosphere all suburb. Initial impressions is that they have nailed these aspects just like they did with the original.

I doubt I'll be back on this thread tonight :D.

Decent frame rates too on an overclocked HD7850 @1080p too, hovering nicely around the 55-70fps mark with everything turned up to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just started now! Plays lovely on my 5850gtx and 2500k cpu

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319.png

KilOit wrote: »
    Just started now! Plays lovely on my 5850gtx and 2500k cpu

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319.png

Huh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I brought it from gamesplanet but it hasn't sent me my key yet :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Got mine from Green man gaming. They sent me no email but I checked my account and it was there along with xcom code.
    Very happy with the price. Bioshock, Spec ops, xcom and bioshock infinte for 28 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm....I could go to bed as probably another ton of work tomorrow.....but this just went live......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I brought it from gamesplanet but it hasn't sent me my key yet :(.

It took about 1 hour 45 mins after I made a payment for me to get my code from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

First 30 mins spoiler
    The Beach Boys barbershop quartet was amazing "The gayest quartet in Columbia" :D

• Advertisement

Somehow found the self discipline to not begin the next section and head off to bed. Experienced framerate tanking into the 0-10 fps region on a couple of spots but aside from that the gameplay is pretty smooth. Initial impressions still very positive.

Advertisement