Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"God only knows what I'd do without you........."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Probably took me well over an hour before I actually picked up the pistol, just walking around listening to everyone and doing all of the fair booth mini-games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Think I might have found a glitch, defeated an enemy and Booker says "what is this, some new kind of vigor?" and there's no vigor to pick up.

Tip. play it on Hard. the combat is much more satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

only clocked in 2 hours as I got a lot of work to do. But I spent half of those 2 hours exploring the opening segments, absolutely love the world they've created
    the moment when you win the raffle and its revealed what they expect you to do caught me off guard

I'm glad I avoided almost all the pre release hype for this.

though one thing its actually harder then bioshock, I went in expecting the same sort of style so I bumped the difficulty up to hard...I've actually died a few times already and thats really surprised me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Still no key, they must have stopped for the night :/

ShaneU wrote: »
    Think I might have found a glitch, defeated an enemy and Booker says "what is this, some new kind of vigor?" and there's no vigor to pick up.

I didn't experience this at all, I just picked up his crow attack vigor. But I've seen two other people on different forums have the same problem as you. They just carried on playing. Try reloading and fighting him again maybe?

• ShaneU wrote: »
    First 30 mins spoiler
    The Beach Boys barbershop quartet was amazing "The gayest quartet in Columbia" :D
    Twas Epic! Very well done! BTW play the game on hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

After you pick up Elizabeth from her dancing on the beach, I thought it was a nice touch walking around hearing the tune 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Never warmed to the original Bioshocks, but played this tonight and was amazed. I'm usually one to skip cutscenes but its captivating stuff. Shyhooks should be in all games :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played just over an hour there. Really enjoying it so far, was just exploring the city the whole time. The combat is great also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

God damn, forgot this was out. Might pick it up Thursday or Friday when I get paid.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why do I look at spoilers? I don't want to but I do anyway :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

miralize wrote: »
    I'm usually one to skip cutscenes but its captivating stuff. Shyhooks should be in all games :P

Ugh! You're one of those people :pac:

I'd absolutely love to play this, and will be avoiding spoilers as much as possible for the next few months until i get the chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Think I'm going to unfollow this thread; inevitably the grey bars will become too much to resist!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ED E wrote: »
    Still no key, they must have stopped for the night :/

Still no key here either :-/.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

hmm I may just buy this for the PC later this week, are the graphics any good lads?? is it an open world or pure linear??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

pixelburp wrote: »
    Think I'm going to unfollow this thread; inevitably the grey bars will become too much to resist!

I think I will do the same. I can't resist reading them. I ruined the twist in Bioshock for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had played about 2 hours before beddy byes and up for work. Haven't met up with Elizabeth yet, just been gawking around and fighting. Loved the whole intro and browsing around the streets.

Stunning looking game which I didn't think would have visually interested me as much from all the previews. Enjoying the combat, something oddly satisfying about it.............especially the melee which I found funny when I first clattered a fella over the head with it, sounded painful :pac:

It definitely looks a step up from all the other FPS of the past while with it's details and narrative so far. I found it a bit funny how Booker would speak the same time as me as we both read a sign in the distance, nice touches like that.
    And yea, the barbershop quartet was brilliant
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Why do I look at spoilers? I don't want to but I do anyway :(

tumblr_lwcr52hURy1qbo8aro2_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be playing on hard difficulty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Still no key here either :-/.
    Dear Customer,

In order to process your order No. ####### made on 25/03/2013, we require some additional information from you. In our fight against the rise of digital distribution fraud, we have had to implement added surveillance methods that, unfortunately, slow down the transaction confirmation process.

As a result, we kindly request that you fill out the form (available here) in order to definitively confirm your order.
    This step is required to finalize the transaction process and ensure you full ownership of your game. If we do not receive a response from you within 48 hours, we reserve the right to cancel your transaction, refund your payment, and decline to activate your game.

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. By aiding us in our fight against fraud, you are helping maintain the economic balance that allows game creators to get compensated and that keeps prices low.

Support Staff

Ahh, great, solves my double spend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kirby wrote: »
    Bioshock 2 was a shadow of the first one. It wasn't made by the same team. As soon as the team was done on Bioshock 1, they moved onto making Infinite so you can't judge this new game on Bio2 in my opinion.

For me, Bioshock 2 was the single biggest disappointment of this generation. I actually didn't know it was a different team so I am delighted to see the Infinite team is the same as the BS1 team!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like I won't be playing until tomorrow. Didn't get it delivered from Gamestop yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

FutureGuy wrote: »
    For me, Bioshock 2 was the single biggest disappointment of this generation. I actually didn't know it was a different team so I am delighted to see the Infinite team is the same as the BS1 team!
    I enjoyed it,it was more polished than the first but was just missing something the first had.Hopefully I'll have my game tomorrow.I'm like a kid at xmas,will be running down to check the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bioshock 2 was a good game. Not as strong story wise as first one, but it had its own great mechanics. I still would put it as a must play game.

Now if i could get some fecking time to play infinite :mad:. Damn Dogs just on a "quest" to annoy me today!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I prebooked this with Gamestop, picking it up later. On their website a few weeks ago it mentioned that Ps3 owners will also get a free code to DL part one.

But this is no longer advertised.

Anyone know what the story is today?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

46 Quid in argos on the xbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

with regards to bs2,

I thought minervas den was a wonderful piece of rapture history and a fantastic story as well, although it was a bit short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thanks to GameStop's trade in deal, cost me 25 quid on the PS3 :cool: reversible cover is so pretty.

Advertisement