Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Argos seems best price, I'll go with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmm second time it jumps out to the desktop and then i need to restart PC. I am a very slow slow mover in this game. As i read everything and check every corner. Just trying to enjoy the scenes. Though this thing is getting annoying. I did updated my drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bioshock 2 was pretty good just a bit too similar. Should have called it Bioshock: episode 2 or something and it would been lapped up! I really enjoyed Minerva's den recently which I played to get me in the mood for Infinite.

I got the xbox version of Infinite at lunch in Gamestop and got a free steel case and a download code for something too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

anyone noticed a lot of the songs in this are modern-ish, i mean not from 1912.
    Battleship bay's upper boardwalk has a nonlyrical version of "girls just wanna have fun"
    - spent about 5 minutes trying to figure that one out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

anyone noticed a lot of the songs in this are modern-ish, i mean not from 1912.

- spent about 5 minutes trying to figure that one out

The barbershop quartet near the very start sings a Beach Boys song. There's an implied reason later on in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Common common here Gamesplanet, send me the fúcking code.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

METABOLI SA just sent you a full refund of £23.99 GBP

Another email to confirm cancellation.

Still waiting on the legit one to go through.

EDIT: Both cancelled. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea i just got it on steam instead less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think prophet himself does not want me playing this game!
    All day I get side tracked. What was the last one? Well I got my 2 dogs for a walk. I left them running outside and went to make myself tea. While I was getting tea bag I sow one of the dogs going in to "let's roll in others animals shiet" mode... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    So had to give one of the dogs a wash too.

So can I finally play this game lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Only an hour in but the very first vista of Columbia to the air of The New World was just amazing to look at, everything floating along, bobbing up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The gun system is interesting as you will run out of ammo for a gun and be forced to switch to another. This kind of means the old "I like this gun, I'm sticking with this for the whole game and ignoring all the others" won't work. Eventually, you are just forced to use another, atleast for a few minutes.

As for the powers, I really like the upgraded crow Vigor. When the enemies dies, it spawns more crows so you end up containing large groups of enemies with a low salt cost. I like that. The zapper one is best on the big guys.

As for upgrades, I've put about 5 into Salt and about 4 into shield. Haven't bothered with health. My thinking is shield regens, health doesn't. So when you start getting hit, you take cover for a second and the shield comes back. We will see how it pay's off later in the game.

I'm at the bit where
    Elizabeth clocks you over the head because you wont take her to paris and the Vox Populi guys won't give you back the ship unless you get them some guns.

I'm enjoying it so far. The combat is quite satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

The default key bindings for mouse/keyboard are a bit odd, to my mind.
    Melee: V
    Aim: Z
    Very easy to add your own preference of course.

Ridiculous mouse covered in buttons to the rescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Is this out in the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

Did anybody get the songbird edition? How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

The default key bindings for mouse/keyboard are a bit odd, to my mind.
    Melee: V
    Aim: Z
    Very easy to add your own preference of course.

Ridiculous mouse covered in buttons to the rescue!
    Changed that straight away, really odd combo!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

KilOit wrote: »
    Changed that straight away, really odd combo!
    Maybe there's a vigor that lets you grow an extra finger out of your palm.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Only played it for an hour or so, haven't even got to Elizabeth yet, but its just as good as I hoped it would be. Love all the little details in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Initial impressions are very good. Pretty damn awesome game. The animation of your companion is very good.

Awesome visuals / fun gameplay and a sublime story make for a great game. Buy it now!
    It is sometimes difficult to deal with some of the scenes / images as they deals with our nation. But it essential to the game, to portray what some thought back in the last century

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Initial impressions are very good. Pretty damn awesome game. The animation of your companion is very good.

Awesome visuals / fun gameplay and a sublime story make for a great game. Buy it now!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised as how it openly criticises and exposes many of the lies of early 20th century US culture, the hypocrisy, the racism, the drivel about manifest destiny etc etc. I'm sure Fox News will have some major criticism of it up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

rescued Elizabeth. That was pretty exciting :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

cloud493 wrote: »
    rescued Elizabeth. That was pretty exciting :D

Yes it was! That part was absolutely class! Loving this game it has to be said. In the last few years I have been so disappointed with FPS single player campaigns but this is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Using the skyline is actually exhilarating. And I'm absolutely loving the combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I wasn't a big fan of the previous 2 bioshocks. (didn't hate them or anything, just didn't think they were anything special). Is this much different from the others?

Edit: Never mind. Just bought it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I put the 360 version through Flubit and have got an offer for €36... anywhere cheaper than that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very impressed with the game so far. About 3 hours in and
    reached monument island after spending the guts of an hour gazing and wandering around at the magnificent sites. It almost feels as if the city is living and breathing, you can almost sense some reality to it, as if this world is possible

It's early days yet in the game but this has potential GOTY written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm 5 or 6 hours in and the bit where you
    Travel through several dimensions to ones where Chen is still alive and the arms keep swapping positions is trippy.

I feel like AL is going to pop up with ziggy and tell me I need to leap! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm at the stage where
    I'm chasing Lady Comsworth around the city, looking for three tears about 7 hours in.
    Its getting noticeably harder to stay alive, but I hadnt died until that point in the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got my key,downloading ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

MUST.STOP.READING.THREAD

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got mine in GameStop earlier (got a 50 trade in for Tomb Raider, plus student discount, so a total of 2.24 for it!)

She gave me a code, but it's too short to be a Xbox Live code and there doesn't seem to be any option or redeem a code in the market.

Advertisement