Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @Shadowhearth

I couldn't get into Bioshock 1 after trying several times. Would you still recommend this? Reviews are all very positive and I generally like FPSs but my experience with the first one is putting me off.

It's hard to recommend games like this. I personally put bioshock 1 as top 3 games I ever played next to witcher series and fallout 2. Infinite would be quite similar to first one, but then very different at the same time.

One thing I would really note: it's not the game for fast runners, who play games just to complete and move on. Here you have to enjoy the experience and pay attention to details. I personally spend 5x more time in zones, just because I am love just to look around and check the details and small hints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

It arrived in the post this morning:P
    but have to go out for the rest of the day.fffffuuuuu:(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Lone Stone wrote: »
    just found that girl i forget her name, good fun so far i love the crow thing. I am having fps issues though with my GeForce GTX 670 :-(

Have you tried the new NVidia drivers?

Made a huge difference for me and my crappy GTS 450, should look amazing on your card.

(In other news anyone want to buy me a GTX 670? ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ravenid wrote: »

Have you tried the new NVidia drivers?

Made a huge difference for me and my crappy GTS 450, should look amazing on your card.

(In other news anyone want to buy me a GTX 670? ;) )

Yeh the game could use some more optimization. im running a gtx 680 on max and ninety percent of the time its smooth as butter but occasionally ill be staring at something innocuous like a wall and it will chug to 30 fps.

It will improve with time.

My 680 had hiccups allright. I put clocks to stock and never had any problems since.
    My overclock was very stable and there were no games that would kick it out. Bioshock infinite said **** that to it.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh the game could use some more optimization. im running a gtx 680 on max and ninety percent of the time its smooth as butter but occasionally ill be staring at something innocuous like a wall and it will chug to 30 fps.

It will improve with time.

I am pretty sure it is in the parts were zones connect. I had those now and then too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Might be an idea to keep an eye on this link for some tweaks.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_Infinite

As Kirby said I imagine in a week or two with a few patches this will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FutureGuy wrote: »

I was planning on starting on Hard, but 1999 is getting more appealing.

Did you get the steelbook Mike?

Nope, Parkway got none in. Was very tempted to pick up the special edition on PC as it was only €50 but sense prevailed. Would certainly recommend 1999, for that 'old school, this is rewarding' feeling.

Question for people... I've got a code for a shotgun upgrade, but not sure what platform it's for (not 360 anyway). Format is QWER-TYUI-OPAS-DFGH. Any thoughts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

game installed

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Question for people... I've got a code for a shotgun upgrade, but not sure what platform it's for (not 360 anyway). Format is QWER-TYUI-OPAS-DFGH. Any thoughts?

Think you register it on the facebook promotional site, and there you get to pick the format. Then once your logged in go to the MY REWARDS link and you should get your in game codes. Think there is mini games on the site that unlocks stuff in game.

https://www.finkmanufacturing.com/age-gate

Might want to do that and take down that code ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Had anyone paid for a season pass yet?

even with the ini tweak for the mouse speed it's pretty horrible, can't find a setting that isn't ridiculously slow or stupidly fast

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nope, Parkway got none in. Was very tempted to pick up the special edition on PC as it was only €50 but sense prevailed. Would certainly recommend 1999, for that 'old school, this is rewarding' feeling.

haha I was going to text you to say take the code down...until I saw the code you entered :D

Azza has the details above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Had anyone paid for a season pass yet?

I'm holding off until I finish and even then those things go on sale sooner rather than later these days. It doesn't pay to be first in, go t burned on a few in recent times when the price dropped in a sale.

anyone else having strange graphics glitches?

i can often see a very sharp line moving across the ground or walls changing the detail...
    shadows will go from poorly defined greyish blobs to very sharp, wallpaper detail will sharpen too and I can very clearly see the line moving on the wall or ground as I move towards/away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

i can often see a very sharp line moving across the ground or walls changing the detail...
    shadows will go from poorly defined greyish blobs to very sharp, wallpaper detail will sharpen too and I can very clearly see the line moving on the wall or ground
    as I move towards/away from it

On which platform?

Do you mean like screen tearing? Try enabling v-sync.

If it's PC, have you tried changing your draw distance?

it's pc, tried v-sync enabled and disabled
    i have the draw distance maxed, but i was standing very close to the wall when i could see this .. effect

i'll fiddle around with it I guess if I notice it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

this is a fantastic looking game, really really enjoyed it last night, all 1 hour i got to play. Great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've never played any of the Bioshock games, but I enjoy in depth FPS titles like DX:HR. Would you guys recommend this and if so, what would you compare it to? I can pick it up today for 10e in GameStop with their trade in offer but I'm not 100% sure if it would be my type of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DarkJager wrote: »
    I've never played any of the Bioshock games, but I enjoy in depth FPS titles like DX:HR. Would you guys recommend this and if so, what would you compare it to? I can pick it up today for 10e in GameStop with their trade in offer but I'm not 100% sure if it would be my type of game?

This game has depth. It's not a COD clone. But watch a video review or 5 minute gameplay clip in youtube. It barely scratches the surface but atleast you will get an idea of the combat.

Here is a short clip of a lad blowing some guys up. No spoilers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Okay, bioshock 1 was not dull.

You are wrong. It was more shallow than an Alabama trailer park gene pool. It's only distinguishing feature was turning Atlas Shrugged unto a readable story.

This game, however, avoids most of the mistakes its predecessors made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Eurogamer have done their face off. Haven't even started reading it yet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bioshock-infinite-face-off

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

shadows will go from poorly defined greyish blobs to very sharp, wallpaper detail will sharpen too and I can very clearly see the line moving on the wall or ground as I move towards/away from it

Sounds like texture filtering to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

even with the ini tweak for the mouse speed it's pretty horrible, can't find a setting that isn't ridiculously slow or stupidly fast

Glad I'm not the only one having problems with mouse control, took me an age to finally get it working at least a little bit normally. It's just not smooth at all, it's like it moves in increments and all that little slider does is increase the distance between those increments. This led to a not hilarious at all scenario for me where I literally couldn't hit someone as they were stood between the two increments and the mouse would just completely skip past them. It had nothing to do with me being a bad shot, it just didn't help.

1999 mode is tough, real tough. I was on the verge of restarting on hard initially but persevered and things do improve slightly when you get more than just the pistol but you need to be headshotting everything as all the enemies just soak up bullets everywhere else. A fact not helped by the rubbishy mouse controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (im sure it has but im tight for time)

Where is the best place to buy this for PC? I heard green man gaming mentioned. Do they email you out the code instantly or how exactly does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sarky wrote: »
    You are wrong. It was more shallow than an Alabama trailer park gene pool. It's only distinguishing feature was turning Atlas Shrugged unto a readable story.

Bioshock's only distinguishing feature... are you serious? It had a handful of distinguishing features that most other developers would kill to have just one of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned (im sure it has but im tight for time)

Where is the best place to buy this for PC? I heard green man gaming mentioned. Do they email you out the code instantly or how exactly does it work?

Not sure if its still available, but if you buy it on steam you get the original Bioshock & Xcom too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There is aim assist when you use iron sights with a mouse. It can't be turned off. Who would want aim assist with m/k controls? :confused:

Sarky wrote: »

This game, however, avoids most of the mistakes its predecessors made.

You are wrong, the game has more depth the major part of of this gen games.

If you did not liked it, does not make it shallow and dull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

miralize wrote: »
    Not sure if its still available, but if you buy it on steam you get the original Bioshock & Xcom too
    That was only as a pre-order bonus.Can't find any trace on steam of free games with it at the moment.

Advertisement