Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tuxy wrote: »
    There is aim assist when you use iron sights with a mouse. It can't be turned off. Who would want aim assist with m/k controls? :confused:

that explains a fair bit...

--edit
    Aim assist • Link
    For now, no method of file editing exists to permanently disable aim assist for mouse and keyboard. There is an odd workaround to disable it, but it requires a controller. First, plug in the controller. Start the game, then go to the Controller section in the options menu, and turn off Aim Assist. Unplug the controller and resume play normally. So far, this method does not need to be repeated to ensure aim assist remains off. [6]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Question for those who got the premium version - do you start the game with the gear power-ups automatically equipped? The leaflet says you should see an in-game message telling you where to find them, but that hasn't happened for me.

Absolutely loving it so far, I'm so immersed. That first little cut-scene
    when you get the Sky-Hook was just sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

:eek::eek::eek:
    Just finished the game. Fairly gobsmacked. Could we put up another thread for the ending?

What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm stuck on that last part, part of me thinks that its only because I just want to delay the inevitable...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Playing it a few hours now. Completely over hyped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Really enjoyable so far. The visuals are amazing, even on the xbox and I find the dark humor very funny at times.

FIN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the characters are kinda... pants

people really lost the run of themselves giving this game such amazing scores. it's good, at times it's very good.. but it's not great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

For all the love the original game received, I thought it was very average because the combat system was piss poor, trying to aim and shoot accurately was nigh on impossible. Is the combat in this one an improvement on the original?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its not running great on my pc at all,very stuttery :(.have it set to low settings as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its not running great on my pc at all,very stuttery :(.have it set to low settings as well.

What are your specs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I thought the section where
    Booker picks up the guitar in the basement of The Graveyard Shift and begins playing that song while Elizabeth sings to the child and gives him an apple
    was wonderful, certainly a moment I'll remember for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I find it stuttering every now and again which surprised the hell out of me when games like Crysis 3, Farcry 3 and Tomb Raider (which look way better graphics wise imho) run smooth as silk with all gfx settings maxed :(

@messinkiapina The combat is rather meh and just feels off. It feels like I'm playing an FPS on a console with a controller rather than on a PC using a mouse and keyboard is the only way I can describe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Definatly something weird going on with the PC version. It's not smooth. Sometimes looking at a wide open area and I get 80 fps then I'm looking at a ver plain wall and it drops to 20 fps briefly.
    It's a buggy port that does not make good use of PC hardware. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I see the amazing platform that is PC Gaming is running games as smooth as ever. I'll just go and play it on my sh1tty Console with the sh1tty graphics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

5uspect wrote: »
    What are your specs?

GTX 260 896MB
    Core 2 Quad Q9300@2.50ghz
    4 gigs ram

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It worked fine for me on my perfect pc, with my amazingly awesome graphics and super sounds and my kickass keyboard and my magnificent mouse whilst sitting my captains chair.
    Also, i updated my veracious video card drivers through my brilliant broadband before i preemptively preloaded my prepurchase.

Definatly something weird going on with the PC version. It's not smooth. Sometimes looking at a wide open area and I get 80 fps then I'm looking at a ver plain wall and it drops to 20 fps briefly.

The Unreal engine steams data as you play. So there will me moments where it may stutter as you move between areas. Lifts in particular. Sometimes there is texture pop in, as in Mass Effect, I haven't seen it occur in this game.
    GTX 260 896MB
    4 gigs ram

Odd, I'm running a i7 920 at 2.66GHz and a GTC570 and I'm running at a mix of high and ultra at 50 to 70 fps. You shouldn't be seeing that much of a performance hit.

I take it you've put on the new nvidia drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Stuttering a fair bit for me as well, some times its smooth then it just stutters for a bit.

The games alrite looks nice, not feeling the story at all and the characters aren't pulling me in, the special abilities are to similar why is does everything have the same mechanics sort of anyway. Its ok its way over hyped.

5uspect wrote: »
    The Unreal engine steams data as you play. So there will me moments where it may stutter as you move between areas. Lifts in particular. Sometimes there is texture pop in, as in Mass Effect, I haven't seen it occur in this game.

Odd, I'm running a i7 920 at 2.66GHz and a GTC570 and I'm running at a mix of high and ultra at 50 to 70 fps. You shouldn't be seeing that much of a performance hit.

I take it you've put on the new nvidia drivers?

I haven't checked for new drivers no,I thought they stopped updating the 200 series,I'll have a look.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't had any issues so far, and although a bit linear. I think a 9/10 justifies what I've seen so far. Brilliant game.

I'll be honest, I'm never really a fan of single player games just because I can never commit to finishing them. Bioshock Infinite for me has done what other games cannot do, and that's pull you in with convincing characters, creates an amazing atmosphere and an interesting storyline to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'm noticing Irish voiced enemies and the Irish potato cleaning trick in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you look, you'll see some of the bathrooms are marked 'black and Irish only'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just played 7 hours straight. Super game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Bit harsh :), there is definitely a performance patch needed, but I've rarely seen crisper more detailed textures in a game that weren't part of a mod in fairness. And it is definitely the most demanding looking game that has ever been release on UE3, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is pushing this now aging engine to its limits.

Are you still near the begining? I had some very bad fps drops/stuttering in parts of the opening section in Columbia, but it has improved immeasurably since that level and is running quite smoothly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah im only about an hour in. Maybe it's because I've just come from playing Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. These games look better and run smoother, even if my FPS is a bit lower in them.
    You're right UE3 is very old at this stage and that will show up no matter what.
    The forced aim assist on the mouse is still inexcusable though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Anybody get their copy yet off SimplyGames?

I haven't checked for new drivers no,I thought they stopped updating the 200 series,I'll have a look.:)

Pretty sure the 200 series is still supported. Anything pre GTX is not iirc. I've a GTX275 sitting in a drawer you're welcome to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

GTX 260 896MB
    4 gigs ram

The 260 came out nearly five years ago. I think there are some stuttering issues with the game but that machine is getting a bit long in the tooth for newer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

nocoverart wrote: »
    I see the amazing platform that is PC Gaming is running games as smooth as ever. I'll just go and play it on my sh1tty Console with the sh1tty graphics.

If you have a **** computer new games won't run. Not rocket science. Consoles remain the same for what? 6 years at a time. Whereas new hardware is developed all the time for PC's. Not to mention the practical use of PC's in general over consoles. I'm surprised you don't know this seeing as its basic common knowledge.

Oh wait... You were being sarcastic?.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

It worked fine for me on my perfect pc, with my amazingly awesome graphics and super sounds and my kickass keyboard and my magnificent mouse whilst sitting my captains chair.
    Also, i updated my veracious video card drivers through my brilliant broadband before i preemptively preloaded my prepurchase.

oh la di da :pac:

Game running fine on my rig.Looks lovely.Really enjoying it at the moment(admittedly Im a major Bioshock fanboi!)
    nocoverart wrote:
    yeah go back to your dumbed down gaming box with 5 year old tech

Advertisement