Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads back to the game please. PC vs. Console has been done to death, and it's bloody boring to read. This thread is for discussing Bioshock Infinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah its ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

just wondering does anyone have simialar spec to this and is playing infinite

i7 1.73ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    nvidia 330m

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

This game doesn't run well on my Kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

This game doesn't run well on my Kindle.

the prequel book runs better on your kindle than my xbox :mad:

xbox is rubbish for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Played a bit now. Absolutely amazing. The world is just... Astounding, I've never seen anything like it. And I love Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mr E wrote: »
    Lads back to the game please. PC vs. Console has been done to death, and it's bloody boring to read. This thread is for discussing Bioshock Infinite.

you might get better results if you add, "would you kindly" to that request Mr E :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm running it on a Xerox 5222 photocopier at a fairly acceptable 15 pages per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Handymen are a fecking nuisance on hard. I'm getting better at dealing with them but if they catch you standing still, you are just insta-dead.

A quick question, I got the telekinesis "throw rockets back at you" power last out of all the powers. Did I miss it earlier? I seemed to get it quite late. There was a section I died on like 10 times that I reallllllly could have used it on before I got it. Bunch of rocket guys on the highground. Was driving me nuts.

Also, the boss battle against
    lady comstock in the graveyard was so, so hard. Endless spawns of minions I just ran out of ammo. I'm thinking that encounter needs some tuning....even on hard it seemed ridiculous. Was amazed I managed to get through it

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Cool tip for getting easy money - if you upgrade your Possession Vigor, you can possess the vending machines and they'll spit money at you! Raging that I didn't discover it until after I finished the game!

Now, I'm not sure whether to play it on Hard or 1999 mode - trying to avoid a rage quit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Cool tip for getting easy money - if you upgrade your Possession Vigor, you can possess the vending machines and they'll spit money at you! Raging that I didn't discover it until after I finished the game!

Now, I'm not sure whether to play it on Hard or 1999 mode - trying to avoid a rage quit...

1999 mode is fairly rage inducing at the beginning, particularly when you're limited to pistol and melee attacks. It gets a lot easier as you progress though to the point where it's trivially easy to bronko everyone into the air and one or two shot them to death (I tend to float the bigger enemies over the sides to avoid wasting ammo).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have to say I had no intention of trying 1999 mode until I read Burning Eclipse's recommendation yesterday but it's probably the best way to play it.

I have searched every nook and cranny for anything I could possibly use. It's not as hard as I was expecting it, but I had to adapt my playing style very quickly. Every enemy is potentially lifethreatening if you are not prepared. Groups of enemies need to be really respected as you can easily be overrun oif you haven't a plan in mind.

I have to say though...I'm barely using any vigor except
    Bucking Bronco
    . It's too cheap and too effective imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I'm in love with elizabeth:eek:
    She's pixel perfect:pac:

Playing this on hard.Just love exploring every corner,listening to every voxcorder and eaves dropping on randomers.

Combat is fine,although its too easy to get headshots with the pistol.

Just finished demon souls and its sequal dark souls so have had enough of rage enducing hard moments for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Finished it last night, now if only I could wipe my memory and begin it all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BTW I lost count of the amount of salts I wasted early in the game when I used the vigor buttor to zoom my weapon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Its a good game, only thing starting to anoy me is those rift things you can pull in for fights, the graphic for them keep doing that weird zoomy thing when i look around and its getting really distracting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm about 2 hours in now and I honestly have to say I think this game has been hugely over hyped. It's not really grabbing me at all and the AI is frankly idiotic. Enemies just seem content to run at me rather than using any sort of common sense or cover. I'm going to give it another couple of hours but I think this might be going for a trade in over the weekend. Not impressed at all so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm about 2 hours in now and I honestly have to say I think this game has been hugely over hyped. It's not really grabbing me at all and the AI is frankly idiotic. Enemies just seem content to run at me rather than using any sort of common sense or cover. I'm going to give it another couple of hours but I think this might be going for a trade in over the weekend. Not impressed at all so far.

it didnt floor me at first like it seemed to a lot of people, took a few hours.. but stick with it. it's a decent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just finished this. Really enjoyed the game. Brilliant setting wouldnt thought they could have made another city as interesting and atmospheric as Rapture but they did.

The characters in this game were overall pretty good though. Really liked Elizabeth and Booker isnt that bad a protaganist either.

As for the story it started off well but i just thought it got weaker towards the end. Wasnt really a massive fan of the ending but that was the only downside for me.

Great game overall and worthy of the praise its been getting.

Another 2 hours in and having rescued Elizabeth, I think it's starting to grow on me a bit now. However I still think the enemy AI in this is just not up to scratch for a triple A title and really is the worst part of the game so far. Do the enemies get smarter and use cover etc or am I going to be meleeing crowds of enemies at close range until the end??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i had enemies running about quite a bit, running away into cover if I shot them.. hiding behind stuff when they got a bit low etc

i also had some enemies who just ran up to me and let me shoot them in the face. I think I remember the early guards being a bit stupider... but im not sure.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Another 2 hours in and having rescued Elizabeth, I think it's starting to grow on me a bit now. However I still think the enemy AI in this is just not up to scratch for a triple A title and really is the worst part of the game so far. Do the enemies get smarter and use cover etc or am I going to be meleeing crowds of enemies at close range until the end??

Have you tried playing in 1999 mode? Might make the combat more interesting for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i had enemies running about quite a bit, running away into cover if I shot them.. hiding behind stuff when they got a bit low etc

i also had some enemies who just ran up to me and let me shoot them in the face. I think I remember the early guards being a bit stupider... but im not sure.

I found that to be the case as well. When fighting a group of enemies some would keep their distance while the rest would charge in.

They did seem to use cover a bit more as the game goes on but not by a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Day 2 playing it.
    Still ****e.

If anyone wants to buy it second hand let me know. It's going back as a trade in next week.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Day 2 playing it.
    Still ****e.

If anyone wants to buy it second hand let me know. It's going back as a trade in next week.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not looking for a flame war of any kind. I don't want to start a row and you are under no obligation to feel you have to justify your opinion.

But curiousity is getting the better of me. What do you consider to be some of the stand-out games of the last few years? If this one is "poor", can you name me some "great" games?

Just so I know where you are coming from. Because objectively, I can't see how you can call this game sh*t. I mean, if a person doesn't like FPS they might not like this. But they can still appreciate what it offers on an intellectual level, even if it's not their cup of tea.

I'm not a fan of Minecraft......but I get the appeal and understand what it brings to the table. I would never call it sh*t.

5uspect wrote: »
    Have you tried playing in 1999 mode? Might make the combat more interesting for you.

I think if the enemy AI is as awful in 1999 mode as it is on my current mode it would only speed up this game getting traded in :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im about 4 -5 hours in and so far its fantastic.
    I rarely if ever come back to a single player games after a few hours.
    I have 100+ games with single player barely touched,they just never keep me interested but this is different.
    If i do stay till the end it will be the first in a hell of a long time :P
    But so far what a game ! what a truely enjoyable experience!

Kirby wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not looking for a flame war of any kind. I don't want to start a row and you are under no obligation to feel you have to justify your opinion.

But curiousity is getting the better of me. What do you consider to be some of the stand-out games of the last few years? If this one is "poor", can you name me some "great" games?

Just so I know where you are coming from. Because objectively, I can't see how you can call this game sh*t. I mean, if a person doesn't like FPS they might not like this. But they can still appreciate what it offers on an intellectual level, even if it's not their cup of tea.

I'm not a fan of Minecraft......but I get the appeal and understand what it brings to the table. I would never call it sh*t.

Being mainly an FPS fan, this games story and setting are really on the spot. In my experience so far, the enemy AI is the one thing that ruins the whole experience. I expect smart enemies in an FPS, ones that use cover and try to flank or outwit me. If I wanted dumb enemies to walk straight up to me so they can be shot in the face I'd load up my copy of Doom. The AI really let's this game down and it surprises me it got 10/10 reviews but not one reviewer spotted this or had an issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally started this today and finished off just after finding Elizabeth and so far I'm absolutely loving it.

• Advertisement

Being mainly an FPS fan, this games story and setting are really on the spot. In my experience so far, the enemy AI is the one thing that ruins the whole experience. I expect smart enemies in an FPS, ones that use cover and try to flank or outwit me. If I wanted dumb enemies to walk straight up to me so they can be shot in the face I'd load up my copy of Doom. The AI really let's this game down and it surprises me it got 10/10 reviews but not one reviewer spotted this or had an issue with it.

What difficulty are you playing on? And I find it hard to believe you just stand there and pound on a Handyman. They are so big and fast that if you don't run and gun, you go splat.

Advertisement