Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i doubt he's met a handy man yet, i didn't meet one for ****ing aaaaaaaaaaages

actually i think i only met 2 or 3 in the entire game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kirby wrote:
    What difficulty are you playing on? And I find it hard to believe you just stand there and pound on a Handyman. They are so big and fast that if you don't run and gun, you go splat.

I'm playing on hard and about 4hrs 30 in but I don't think I've met one of those enemies yet. Every foe I've met so far has been infuriatingly stupid. Nice story and setting but I'm honestly starting to think ill be trading it in on the weekend. It's nowhere near the masterpiece it's been hyped up to be.

where in the game are you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

where in the game are you
    Found Elizabeth dancing on the beach and trying to board the First Lady airship?

aaaaaaaaaah yeah
    i wasn't feeling it at all at that point, it was kind of annoying me tbh. it really opens up later, stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just started playing it today,whats this? a rechargable shield? no this doesn't feel right at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Was playing there for a bit. Got stuck after getting off the flying pod thing that brings you up to the big city. Was wandering around in a circle for 45 minutes before I found the key that made a giant green arrow light up along the ground telling me where to go.

I'm so glad games treat me like the dribbling retard that I very clearly am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The out-of-time music is fantastic. I must have a full version of I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Nina-Simone singing Tainted Love.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I enjoy a good scavenge and all that, but why the **** is there a banana hidden in a box of candy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm finding tins of beans and entire pineapples in matchbox-sized chocolate tins. What is it with Bioshock and finding crap in places you'd never be stupid enough to put it?

And he scarfs them all down like he could die of starvation at any moment, regardless of health/salts, just like the faceless goon from the original. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Sarky wrote: »
    I'm finding tins of beans and entire pineapples in matchbox-sized chocolate tins. What is it with Bioshock and finding crap in places you'd never be stupid enough to put it?

And he scarfs them all down like he could die of starvation at any moment, regardless of health/salts, just like the faceless goon from the original. Bizarre.

Never figured out why you have to double tap to pick stuff up (ie you press to see what is in the bin and then press again to choose to take it). That makes sense in a game with limited inventory, but in the Bioshock games it is just annoy since there is no penalty to picking stuff up so you might as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Zombrex wrote: »
    Never figured out why you have to double tap to pick stuff up (ie you press to see what is in the bin and then press again to choose to take it). That makes sense in a game with limited inventory, but in the Bioshock games it is just annoy since there is no penalty to picking stuff up so you might as well.

Some foods reduce your salt but increase your health, and vice versa. Also some baskets can have have money and Rotten Pears, which just reduce your health.

Love the game, but wish it was....more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I haven't finished the game yet (at a guess, I'd say I'm about 1/2 way through) but I'm setting up an ending discussion thread, because I'm afraid of my life that I'll see something in here I don't want to see! Spoilers or no, a post that starts with "So I finished it and the ending is "insert spoiler here" is too much, for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've moved posts about the ending to a different thread. I'll merge them back into this one in a few weeks.

If you want to talk about the ending, please use the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I enjoy a good scavenge and all that, but why the **** is there a banana hidden in a box of candy :pac:

my son was watching me play and he noticed that to lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hate the effect of the shield *nit picking*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

cloud493 wrote: »

Not a huge fan of that effect either tbh. And on 1999 mode my shield is constantly being broken/recharging! You're right though, it really is nit picking ;)

I'm loving what I've played of the game so far. Can't wait to get back to it. It's one of those games that when I haven't played it in a while, I'm thinking about when I can play it again. Need to get back to Columbia!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Cant say Im overly impressed so far TBH? Its not to say its a bad game or anything its just I never played 1 or 2 before and with the way the interwebs and mates just come over all gooey eyed for them I was expecting something mind blowing.

Im about 2 hours in, liking the music and the art direction but the controlls and shooting mechanics are janky as hell. The ADS slows you to a crawl and having to click the analogie stick for it is very very counter intuative based on years of major FPS games using a unified controll scheme. Its really jerking me out of the narative when a conflict starts and my biggest worry is trying to wrestle with sticky / slow movement and odd controll layouts.

Just really hoping with more time things will pick up and its not just a case of blind fanboy love for a serise that built hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

i loved system shock 2 and bioshock was pretty good. i never heard of this game till 3 days ago now its rated 4th game ever on metacritic. wtf :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There is a glitch on the PC version. Auto aim is on by default when using the iron sight with the keyboard and mouse. To disable it you need to play in a controller and disable it in controller settings, then remove the controller and go back to the keyboard and mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I really like it so far, but I still like bioshock 1 more. It's more of a personal choice then stating that it is better game. I think horror survival flavour and being trapped deep under water made it more interesting environment for me.
    Saying this infinite makes your jaw drop in its own way. I am not that far in, but I found one thing annoying: 2 weapon limit. I sort of know why they doing it, but I still find it annoying.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Cant say Im overly impressed so far TBH? Its not to say its a bad game or anything its just I never played 1 or 2 before and with the way the interwebs and mates just come over all gooey eyed for them I was expecting something mind blowing.

Im about 2 hours in, liking the music and the art direction but the controlls and shooting mechanics are janky as hell. The ADS slows you to a crawl and having to click the analogie stick for it is very very counter intuative based on years of major FPS games using a unified controll scheme. Its really jerking me out of the narative when a conflict starts and my biggest worry is trying to wrestle with sticky / slow movement and odd controll layouts.

Just really hoping with more time things will pick up and its not just a case of blind fanboy love for a serise that built hype.

there is an element of blind fanboy love but the game does take a good while to get going. i dont want to say anything to avoid spoilers but soon after you get to a beach, the game should start to get going. also if you want it to get going straight away, try 1999 mode. just started a new game myself on 1999 and the first hour or so was waaaaaay more interesting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

there is an element of blind fanboy love but the game does take a good while to get going. i dont want to say anything to avoid spoilers but soon after you get to a beach, the game should start to get going. also if you want it to get going straight away, try 1999 mode. just started a new game myself on 1999 and the first hour or so was waaaaaay more interesting

I'll be honest, 1999 mode has made me reevaluate how I approach games. I'm too used to throwing a game on easy and blitzing right through it.

I'll be replaying on easy when I finish on 1999 mode to...

24627131.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is the first single player game ive stuck with till the end in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll be honest, 1999 mode has made me reevaluate how I approach games. I'm too used to throwing a game on easy and blitzing right through it.

I'll be replaying on easy when I finish on 1999 mode to...

24627131.jpg

Do you keep the upgrades from the previous game? i'm a real pack rat and could only upgrade 2-3 weapons fully and few plasmids :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,221 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's very different to Bioshock 1 imo. Just the basic mechanics and video logs are similar. Bioshock is probably my favourite game of this generation, anyone on this thread who skipped it really should play it. The first moment you see Rapture is probably the most jaw dropping moment in gaming for me.

This is different. Columbia doesn't really have that ominous feel that Rapture encapsulated. Splicers are a big loss. I think I'm more invested in the story from an earlier point this time as until nearer the end of Bioshock I was more in awe of the setting than the story. Here I care about what it turns out to be with Elizabeth and I'm trying to figure out what the inevitable twist will be.

KilOit wrote: »
    Do you keep the upgrades from the previous game? i'm a real pack rat and could only upgrade 2-3 weapons fully and few plasmids :cool:

nope, fresh start

Yeah I always think I'm getting hit when the shield recharges, tis confusing

Liam O wrote: »
    This is different. Columbia doesn't really have that ominous feel that Rapture encapsulated. Splicers are a big loss.

That is sort of the point though, Columbia is supposed to be paradise, but slowly DeWitt (and you) peal back the layers to see that it is in fact an expression of everything bad about human culture, from classism to racism to greed, all under this shining surface of beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's not!

The shield recharge effect shows a cracked/broken shield, so when it recharges it led me to believe it had been broken by the enemy.

Advertisement