Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:p

Well on one hand he's a moron. He doesn't get that booker wasn't "wounded in the knee" and but was AT the battle that was called wounded knee. So he seems a bit confused.

On the other hand, he might accidentally have a point. I mean, the developers could have picked any battle from that time period....there are plenty to choose from. I think picking the massacre at wounded knee may actually be a "hur dur hur" nod to the meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    no you find slate in a cell prior to jumping worlds. They guy elizabeth is refering to is not a guy booker killed but Flint did, it was his previous head of security and Booker was going to replace him, he was hung up in the lobby of the good time club

I love the game, I savour every narrative and visual element it throws at me with such joy and I am really am taking my time through it.

But I need to say it. The game mechanics are downright broken in some areas.

The new revive system while not as easy as the original bioshock (die, respawn and continue killing with no consequences) nor is it as cruel as system shock 2 (die, respawn loose a tonne of xp & weapons take a hit in status). But in bioshock infinite you can get trapped in what I call the loop of hell. Here you die, respawn with half health and loose a bit of money, but when you respawn all your opponents recover a substantial portion of their health. So in the case of some of the larger enemies (or on one particularly annoying boss) they regain all the damage I have done to them and proceed to wipe the floor with me again. Repeat enedlessly, spawn do a bit of damage, get killed respawn all damage committed is negated and I am out a fair bit of ammo. End up running circles trying to find some or wait for Elizabeth to throw me some.
    F*ck you lady Combstock.

p.s
    I'm only just pass the lady combstock boss, and I'm just going to say this, if it turns out that me and elizabeth are the *same* person from different parallel worlds I might vomit a bit

Try it in 1999 mode where you get kicked back to the main menu if you don't have enough cash to respawn (unless you're quick enough to reload the last checkpoint before dieing). I nearly broke down into tears fighting the stupid banshee thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Astonished by this game so far. It's not perfect, the lack of a normal save function is bizarre and annoying and there are some little bugs with the npcs but overall this is a wonderful game. Beautiful throughout and the combat with the skylines can be amazing. Just beat (finally) and handyman, fireman and a rake of others in an epic battle on hard, very very satisfying.

Still not finished 25 hours in, exploring every nook and cranny, brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished it about an hour ago and absolutely loved it. Very much deserved the hype and early GOTY contender nominations imo.

I'll be very interested to see what dlc they bring out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DLC questions should probably go into the ending thread. I'll spoiler my speculation just to be on the safe side.
    I'd hazard a guess that DLC will be in Columbia set before Booker shows up....or as he shows up. Obviously Columbia no longer exists after the game so the DLC kind of has to be set before the end.

We will probably control a different character and it will be fairly self contained story. That would be my guess anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

cant get my game to start,i get to the title screen and i select my memory device and when i do the game freezes.looking at other websites it seems like there alot of people having similar problems.i tried the usual options like wiping the memory cache but didnt work.if anyone knows what i could do to fix it i would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    cant get my game to start,i get to the title screen and i select my memory device and when i do the game freezes.looking at other websites it seems like there alot of people having similar problems.i tried the usual options like wiping the memory cache but didnt work.if anyone knows what i could do to fix it i would appreciate it.

I take it this is the Atari Jaguar version of the game? I think this game needs the EEPROM cartridge add on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

eh what?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

i mean when i press start at the main menu,i select either my hard drive or memory unit for saving and when i do the game freezes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i mean when i press start at the main menu,i select either my hard drive or memory unit for saving and when i do the game freezes

But the Atari Jaguar does not have a start button. Just pause and option :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cleared it and I might be the only one that thinks the game was far too short. It looks a hell of a lot better then it played especially maxed out in DX11 and I personally think that the other two games were better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm at the point where
    you go to the good time club to rescue Chen Lin
    . There is just something about this game I don't like but I can't put my finger on it. I haven't once felt the urge to play it like I would other titles. It's actually boring me at this stage. Definitely not GOTY material in my eyes and ridiculously over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm at the point where
    you go to the good time club to rescue Chen Lin
    . There is just something about this game I don't like but I can't put my finger on it. I haven't once felt the urge to play it like I would other titles. It's actually boring me at this stage. Definitely not GOTY material in my eyes and ridiculously over hyped.

As I mentioned in other thread. Gameplay is a bit pants and the game is just hold together by a very good story.

I am a huge Bioshock fanboy, but funny enough the part you are in got me "bored/meh" too. After some bit it will kick in back in to gear and become a good old bioshock again. from my personal view the part you in is the weakest in all game. It wont make much sense too.
    It is a fantastic game when you finish it and put all things in to their places.

After finishing Infinity last night i set steam to redownload bioshock 1. I find bioshock 1 still a way better game over all, so I wanted to see how much of that was Nostalgia or pink glasses effect. Well, it was not at all. The damn game is freaking fantastic and a lot more grabing then infinity. Its not the first time I started playing it and my god it is still so damn interesting, good looking, with great combat mechanics game.

As I mentioned in other thread. Gameplay is a bit pants and the game is just hold together by a very good story.

I am a huge Bioshock fanboy, but funny enough the part you are in got me "bored/meh" too. After some bit it will kick in back in to gear and become a good old bioshock again. from my personal view the part you in is the weakest in all game. It wont make much sense too.
    It is a fantastic game when you finish it and put all things in to their places.

After finishing Infinity last night i set steam to redownload bioshock 1. I find bioshock 1 still a way better game over all, so I wanted to see how much of that was Nostalgia or pink glasses effect. Well, it was not at all. The damn game is freaking fantastic and a lot more grabing then infinity. Its not the first time I started playing it and my god it is still so damn interesting, good looking, with great combat mechanics game.

I've never played the original but gave this a chance after hearing about it. There were a few good bits so far to be fair but it seems they come along and then they're gone again along with my interest. Don't think ill be able to play to the end because its just been a struggle to get as far as I have. Wouldn't rate this as a goty contender let alone in my top 50 games ever if I did have such a list :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    I've never played the original but gave this a chance after hearing about it. There were a few good bits so far to be fair but it seems they come along and then they're gone again along with my interest. Don't think ill be able to play to the end because its just been a struggle to get as far as I have. Wouldn't rate this as a goty contender let alone in my top 50 games ever if I did have such a list :D

Honestly, i would recomend, just sticking to it and go for it. the part you in is pants, I did not liked it at all. I sow the Idea of it, but it was executed badly. Just finish it m8. the better stuff is coming.

As for Bioshock 1, its a must play game.

I can't agree with this at all. I found the combat to be very entertaining and a nice change from your normal FPS.

Add in the vigors, skylines and different ememies. The game always kept me on my toes.

Fair enough if you didn't like the gameplay but I think labelling it as pants is extremely harsh.

tok9 wrote: »
    I can't agree with this at all. I found the combat to be very entertaining and a nice change from your normal FPS.

Add in the vigors, skylines and different ememies. The game always kept me on my toes.

Fair enough if you didn't like the gameplay but I think labelling it as pants is extremely harsh.

It's not great at all though, there's just something about it that is not solid. Even Black Ops 2 had me itching to get back to play it when I couldn't, this game hasn't managed that once.

tok9 wrote: »

Maybe harsh, and it is better gameplay then majority of games in the market, but compared to Bioshock 1 combat ( and even 2) it is pants.

*waits for Retrogamer to run in to the room and slam systemshcok 2 in to my face so hard, that i start bleed from my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Barlett

Have to say this has probably the best intro of any game I've ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Barlett wrote: »
    Have to say this has probably the best intro of any game I've ever played

First 20 minutes are unreal.

• Advertisement

Each to their own I suppose. I don't think I could have enjoyed that game any more than I did.

I might give the original a go again just to compare them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is anyone else finding the game a bit.... easier in 1999 mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Im playing through this now. I haven't played the two previous games so i really didn't have a clue what to expect.

I don't know if i need to have played the previous games to get an understanding of the story - it all seems a small bit strange to me thus far. The graphics are amazing (ps3) along with the soundtrack and there is a great sense of atmosphere - just wandering around the city/amusement park or whatever it is.

So far so good. I just don't have a clue whats going on story wise - maybe it will all become clear at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The only kind of complaint I have with the combat, is that some of the vigors have limited use. But I love this game so much <3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,221 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Im playing through this now. I haven't played the two previous games so i really didn't have a clue what to expect.

I don't know if i need to have played the previous games to get an understanding of the story - it all seems a small bit strange to me thus far. The graphics are amazing (ps3) along with the soundtrack and there is a great sense of atmosphere - just wandering around the city/amusement park or whatever it is.

So far so good. I just don't have a clue whats going on story wise - maybe it will all become clear at some stage.

This is pretty much a standalone game. There's a nod to the other 2 but it makes no difference to this story.

Played it pretty much all day today after playing a bit of a staggered beginning and was just taken by the story today.

The game overall is worse than Bioshock but the narrative is far better imo. There's the twist in the first game that is amazing and Rapture is a million times better as a setting than Columbia but this makes you care far more about the characters.

Does anyone know why pretty much every ad or gameplay video brought out before it are nearly completely different to the final game? Elizabeth and Booker both look and sound different. In the early gameplay videos Columbia looked a lot more interesting as a city and a much better atmosphere. In Bioshock Rapture was as much a part of the game as any character but in this game Columbia is lacking hugely. It could just be set on any fictitious city. There is no difference to the fact that it was a floating city imo while with Rapture you were very aware that you were at the bottom of the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say I'm not too impressed with it. It's a great standalone title but there is the feeling that you've done it all before.

It's kinda like playing assassins creed. You've played one you've played them all. Although the Story and environment are really cool I've not felt the need to have a marathon session with it. I'll finish it eventually but it's far from GOTY. I think they spoiled us in the past lol.

EDIT : I hated Assassins creed so please forgive me for comparing the two :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Still haven't received my copy from SimplyGames! I get that's what I get for being cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i'm bringing it to gamestop today to put towards a preorder metro last light. It's bored me so far. might pick it up in a year or so when Ive the time to give it another blast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Still haven't received my copy from SimplyGames! I get that's what I get for being cheap!

That's rediculous tbh. Can you return it because it's so late?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The internet is not a good place if your trying to avoid spoilers right now, I'm playing through it slowly :cool:

Advertisement