Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Beer sales

• 12-08-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good off-licence in Blanchardstown that sells nice or unusual beers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Here a few that have a good range

Molloys The Mall Colonsilla

Coolers Off main street Ongar

The Carpentertown Carpentertown

Maybe this should be moved to Dublin15 forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Prenderb wrote: »
    Anyone know a good off-licence in Blanchardstown that sells nice or unusual beers?

The best beer selection in Blanchardstown (by a country mile) is in Superquinn in the village. They've also had excellent deals on craft/world beers lately, including 6 for €12. It's tucked away behind the boxes of Bud, Heineken etc. but there's always a good choice. I've no affliliation to them BTW, but having gone through the various Carry Outs, pub off-licences etc. there's no real competition. Lidl occasionally have different beers in, but it's very hit-and-miss.

Incidentally I think the Porterhouse brew there beers in Blanchardstown, might drop by and see if they sell to the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

true that about super uin but tesco can be good aswell!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Incidentally I think the Porterhouse brew there beers in Blanchardstown, might drop by and see if they sell to the public.

Not that I know of they don't, sell to the public that is. That would require an off sales license.

Not far from Blanch is Ashtown village (by train station) and both Superquinn and the off license across the road sell some interesting beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Saruman wrote: »
    That would require an off sales license.
    Not strictly true -- a brewery licence permits sales in quantities of 4.5 gallons and above. But yeah, the Porterhouse don't do retail at the brewery.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not strictly true -- a brewery licence permits sales in quantities of 4.5 gallons and above. But yeah, the Porterhouse don't do retail at the brewery.

So there is no reason I could not show up with a Corny keg and have them fill it up? Interesting :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Saruman wrote: »
    So there is no reason I could not show up with a Corny keg and have them fill it up?
    I can think of one: them telling you to f**k off.

Yeah there is that...

Advertisement