Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Great Stats

Options
  • 12-08-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Spurs numbers since HR arrived......

* Premier League Record:
    P67 W35 D14 L18 GF:104 GA:70 PTS: 119 / 201

* Clean Sheets: 26 in 67 games

* Home PL Record: P34 W24 D6 L4 GF:59 GA:17 78 / 102pts

* 24 different PL goal scorers since HR arrived

* Highest PL finish 4th

* Highest PL points total 70 pts

* Home record v SKY4 (I know the away record is still sh*t): P8 W5 D2 L1 PTS:17 / 24

* Man Utd, the only team to score more than 1 goal in a game at WHL in the PL (in 34 games)

* Chelsea and Liverpool (beaten at home 2 seasons running for the first time in the PL)

* 12 wins in the last 13 games against this week-ends opponents Man Citeh and our 9th win away to Citeh in 13 games in the PL (2 draws and 2 defeats are the rest of that record)

* a***nal beaten in the PL for the first time in a decade

* Unbeaten at home in 2010

* HR’s winning % in the PL for Spurs: 52%

* Goals per game PL: 1.55

* Goals against per game PL: 1.04

* Champions League for the 1st time……..

Meat on the bones of the above…….

We have the best home defensive record in the PL now for 2 consecutive seasons, no team has conceded less goals at home in the last 38 PL games… And still people question us defensively it makes no sense……

To win a game at WHL, a visiting side will (more often than not, Everton, Stoke and Wolves aside) have to score 2 goals….. only Man Utd have managed it in the past 38 PL games, prior to that Liverpool in May 2008 (over 2 years ago) were the last PL side to score 2 goals in a PL game at WHL…..

We are unbeaten in the calendar year of 2010 at home….

P13 W10 D3 L0

That’s in all comps….. in the PL:

P11 W9 D2 L0 PTS: 29/33

We are currently on a run of 8 straight PL wins at home……

We have lost 1 of our last 20 home games……

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

And one from the BBC Sport website that is not so good......

Tottenham have conceded more goals than any other team in Premier League history. In their 696 games they have let in 934 goals. It would take a particularly bad season to break the 1000 mark...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

WHL wrote: »
    And one from the BBC Sport website that is not so good......

Tottenham have conceded more goals than any other team in Premier League history

does not surprise me 1 bit given that we're one of only 6 or 7 clubs to play in every PL season since it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

does not surprise me 1 bit given that we're one of only 6 or 7 clubs to play in every PL season since it started.

Nor me but I think the stats you first posted and fairplay for that are very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree it makes for good reading,

I can't wait for it all to kick off again and the race for 1st thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We are currently on a run of 8 straight PL wins at home……

Lets hope it's 9 come sat afternoon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement