Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perseids Meteor Shower (Shooting Stars) tonight?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

The Perseids Meteor Shower is supposedly at its peak tonight.

Anyone in Cork planning to watch it? I presume the Douglas area isn't too filled with light?! What about cloud cover, LOL?

Ed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it might be too bright to see them near the city, il have a look though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was supposed to be at it's peak over Ireland last night, but cork sky was full of cloud!
    I'm in Douglas and you should be able to see some if the clouds aren't around, ya can see stars fine here.
    when i was out 2 hours ago there was patchy cloud, will be heading out in another hour for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Was supposed to be at it's peak over Ireland last night
    Space.com wrote:
    Across the Northern Hemisphere, the best time to watch the Perseid meteor shower will be tonight through the pre-dawn hours local time Friday, regardless of where you live. Weather permitting, patient skywatchers could see a shooting star every minute or so.

According to the article and many other sources, once you're high up in the Northern Hemisphere tonight is the night regardless of where you live!

Thanks,
    Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I can't see much here (Glounthaune) but I'll give it a while yet. hoepfully I can get out with the camera.

Advertisement