Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know the email for careers in Dell?

• 12-08-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have been looking for the email all day, I cannot find it anywhere. I need it as I want to apply for a job that is not listed in there available jobs so I need to contact them independently. I am looking for an entry level position as a network administrator.

In another note if anyone knows any places that have vacancies for an entry level network administrator please do share.

Thanks for your time.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum I have no idea where else to post it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

White_Wolf wrote: »
    I have been looking for the email all day, I cannot find it anywhere. I need it as I want to apply for a job that is not listed in there available jobs so I need to contact them independently. I am looking for an entry level position as a network administrator.

In another note if anyone knows any places that have vacancies for an entry level network administrator please do share.

Thanks for your time.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum I have no idea where else to post it.

Have a look on the DELL site here. (Basically you can't email someone directly which is standard in most of these companies)

Having worked there (and another multinational) myself I can tell you that the job you're looking for is generally recruited for internally and pretty much a closed shop - the guys that are in there usually have no intention of leaving as they have permanent contracts and secure jobs.

The only time these companies look externally is for projects that they don't have someone for themselves, and then they hire temporary consultants only for as long as is needed.

Just my experience with 2 of the big tech companies anyway (and I work in IT myself) - you might also want to check out the Work and Jobs forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

From what I understand, most of that kind of work has been outsourced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

From what I understand, most of that kind of work has been outsourced.

Not really in the bigger IT companies - they're the ones taking on the outsourced work :)

But you're right in that a lot of the "donkey work" is done remotely these days where possible.

Advertisement