Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help - Cannot Remember Name of PC Game

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

This game is best described as an RPG game, very similiar to Broken Sword. It is a PC game from around 1997-9 and is of a futuristic variety.

The main character is a bald American twat of a detective who has to solve a number of mysteries.

I'd appreciate if someone could help jog my memory on this one. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blade Runner - though he wasnt bald. Same genre though isnt it

256px-BladeRunner_PC_Game_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

Overheal wrote: »
    Blade Runner - though he wasnt bald. Same genre though isnt it

256px-BladeRunner_PC_Game_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

It may be the same genre, but it is not the game I'm looking for.

Surely someone on here knows? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Is it a point and click where you see your character on the screen or an FPS point and click?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

If its a first person adventure it may be Under a Killing Moon or any of the Tex Murphy games. All fantastic

gizmo wrote: »
    Is it a point and click where you see your character on the screen or an FPS point and click?

The former. Exactly like Broken Sword.

• Advertisement

jonnybadd wrote: »
    If its a first person adventure it may be Under a Killing Moon or any of the Tex Murphy games. All fantastic

No, this isn't it.:(

HA! Found it with some clever googling. :pac:

Thanks for nothing you lot!:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whatever it was, it wasn't as good as Blade Runner anyway.

I have to say, I'm shocked none of you solved this. You mus be piss poor gamers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Beneath a Steel Sky was it? Probably not.

Maybe Black Dahlia.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

you're not youer

Jazzy wrote: »
    you're not youer

I know. :pac:

TomCo wrote: »
    Beneath a Steel Sky was it? Probably not.

Maybe Black Dahlia.

No and no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

C'mon tell us. And I'll tell you your mistake in your username. :D

chin_grin wrote: »
    C'mon tell us. And I'll tell you your mistake in your username. :D

I realised this mistake shortly after signing up.:pac:

I'm not telling, I think you lot need punishing for your poor gaming knowledge. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

must be a really crap game if nobody knows what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Putt-Putt goes to the moon?

puttmoon-4-full.png

That was the first game that I ever needed to have Sound to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Yag reuoY wrote: »
    I realised this mistake shortly after signing up.:pac:

I'm not telling, I think you lot need punishing for your poor gaming knowledge. :P

Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy

Of course you could have just told us without being a dick about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

So u ask for help, then dont tell us, wow real nice that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Was it Ghostbusters II or Gabriel Knight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do we have to guess? Tell me when I'm getting warm.

Is it Ace Ventura or Adventures of Fatman, The: Toxic Revenge or Ark of Time or B.A.T. or Backpacker Lost Florence Gold Mine or Batman Returns or Big Red Adventure or Black Mirror or Black Sect or Blackstar: Agent of Justice or Blade Runner or Blobjob or Blue Force or Blue Heat Case of the Cover Girl Murders or Broken Sword II Smoking Mirror or Broken Sword Angel of Death or Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars or Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon or Case of the Cautious Condor or China: Intrigue in the Forbidden City or Chronomaster or Congo: Descent into Zinj or Countdown or Cracking the Conspiracy or Crime City or Crime Time or Cruise for a Corpse or Dame was Loaded or Dark Fall II: Lights Out or Dark Half or Diamond Mystery of Rosemond Valley or Dick Tracy Crime Solving Adventure or Discworld Noir or Dracula Resurrection or Dracula Unleashed or Dracula Last Sanctuary or Elroy Goes Bugzerk or Elroy Hits the Pavement or Escape from Delirium or Evidence Last Report or Famous Five, The: Kidnapped! Or Famous Five, The: Treasure Island or Fascination or Faust: Seven Games of the Soul or Flash Traffic: City of Angels or Foul Play: Mystery at Awkward Manor or Fox Hunt or Full Moon in San Francisco or Gabriel Knight 2 Beast Within or Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned or GAG or Geisha or Gene Machine or Hard Evidence Marilyn Monroe Files or Heart of China or Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller or Hopkins FBI or Hound of the Baskervilles or Igor: Objective Uikokahonia or In the Dead of Night or Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure or Jack the Ripper or KGB or L'Affaire Morlov or Last Express or Laura Bow 2 Dagger of Amon Ra or Laura Bow Colonel's Bequest or Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work! Or Les Manley: Lost in L.A. or Les Manley: Search for the King or Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo or Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Serrated Scalpel or Martian Memorandum or Maupiti Island or Mean Streets or Mode or Moment of Silence or Monet Mystery of the Orangerie Museum or Murder in Space or Murder in Venice or Murder Makes Strange Deadfellows or Mystery of the Druids or Mystery of the Mummy! Or Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill or NiBiRu: Age of Secrets or Night Trap or Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy or Nocturne or Noir: A Shadowy Thriller or Operation Stealth or Orion Conspiracy or Pink Panther in Hocus Pocus Pink or Plan 9 from Outer Space or Police Quest 1: In Pursuit of the Death Angel or Police Quest 2 Vengeance or Police Quest 3 Kindred or Police Quest 4: Open Season or Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel or Post Mortem or Psycho Killer or Psychotron or Return of the Phantom or Riddle of the Sphinx or Ripley's Believe It or Not! Riddle of Master Lu or Rise of the Dragon or Robot City or Secrets of Da Vinci, The Forbidden Manuscript or Space Bar or Syberia or Sydney Mystery or Temujin Capricorn Collection or Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths or Under a Killing Moon or Urban Runner: Lost in Town or Vampire Diaries or Virtual Corporation or Voyeur or Voyeur II or Watchmaker or X-Files Game or is it even Zero Critical?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

.dekcoL er'uoY reuoY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement