Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Phone for €150 PAYG...

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Lost my Samsung Tocco Lite yesterday so need to get myself a new phone. I have at most €150 to spend. Toss up at the moment between the HTC Smart on O2, or the LG Optimus or Nokia 5230 on Meteor.

I'm a stay at home mother so I don't really need gadgetty type stuff... I need a camera for snapping the kiddies when they do something cute... An mp3 player for when out walking... other than that nothing else really matters, just a nice phone.

If all else fails I'll just go back out and buy another Tocco Lite... so please help me!! Or any other suggestions out there???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you are buying another Tocco Lite, they are only €49.99 on Meteor in Xtravision when you trade in an old phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks for the heads up, does the phone have to be working for the trade in???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anytime I have traded one in there they never checked, once I even traded in a Motorola with a Nokia charger and they didnt notice, so I wouldnt imagine it does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭RayCon

If you are buying another Tocco Lite, they are only €49.99 on Meteor in Xtravision when you trade in an old phone

Just rang Xtravision to find out more ... it's only €49.99 if you trade in certain types of phones (one of which is a Samsung Tocco :confused:) , otherwise it's €59.99 and the phone you trade in has to be a camera phone, in perfect working order, from one of the major manufacturers Nokia, LG, Samsung, Sony Erricson etc ...

I thought this was going to be exactly what I was looking for for my son - he has a Samsung Adidas F110 Sport phone and the screen has burnt out (just stays white) ... he's already on meteor so this would have been perfect

Thanks for that :)

I needed a phone asap so just went with the htc smart on o2... hope it's good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Know its only been a day but I've my eye on that phone and was wondering if its any good?

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    Know its only been a day but I've my eye on that phone and was wondering if its any good?

So far so good, haven't really had a chance to play with it much but it's a handy little phone, hard to get used to putting people in the phone book. Camera is good with very good flash. Can't seem to turn the weather update off but it doesn't seem to be charging for it either. I'll come back to you later when I can get a proper play with it :)

So far so good, haven't really had a chance to play with it much but it's a handy little phone, hard to get used to putting people in the phone book. Camera is good with very good flash. Can't seem to turn the weather update off but it doesn't seem to be charging for it either. I'll come back to you later when I can get a proper play with it :)

K thanks :)

Any updates?

Advertisement