Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone Help Please

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Could anyone help me out on some information please in regard to an unidentified man's body found in Horn Head,Dunfanaghy in June 1983 possibly Canadian.I am secretary for Searching for the Missing recently started up.We are primarily based in Limerick but cover Ireland and Europe.Sonia Dowling was found in Holland as a result of our Dutch facebook page so I am hoping to find family for this man who is buried in an unmarked grave in Dunfanaghy.Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you

Searching for the Missing
    http://missingpersonslimerick.webs.com/

UPDATE:
    The unidentified man was approximately 40yrs old.This man also had dental work done in 1983.If everyone can help by passing on this link please.Thank you..

UPDATE:
    The man was six feet in height and weighed eleven stone. He had dark brown hair balding and a few days growth of a beard. He was wearing navy Dingo brand jeans, a black leather belt and a checked shirt. His black shoes were made in the Republic of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

I would call the Shaun Doherty show on highland radio he has a large audience and i think i heard this topic discussed on it before 0749125000
    http://www.highlandradio.com/shaun-doherty/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tinsop

Thanks very much I wil contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Heard it disused before, it mentioned the theory he was foreign (Canada was said) and was in the area to meet someone. The person he was "meeting" may not want to broadcast the fact he was there to meet him or her, and that is why they didn't not come forward. Only hear-say, but the person speaking about it on the radio seemed certain that a number of people in the area know who he is and why he was there, but the reason he was there is the reason no-one will speak up.

This is great thanks very much.We will put out an appeal on local radio maybe someone will come forward.If anyone knows anything they could always leave information on our 24hr confidential line 0852092119 if they feel they cant come forward.Thanks again

Here is a link to the Canadian/Uk facebook page if anyone has relatives in Canada or Uk could they please pass on this link
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Searching-for-the-Missing/148260155201261?ref=ts

• Advertisement

Does anyone recognise either of these names please,William John Smith or Desmond Joseph Runstedler

Advertisement