Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone with GPS & good camera on Meteor?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Anybody any suggestions for a phone which has GPS as well as a decent camera?

My current phone is the Samsung Tocco which I got just because it's the only one that I know of in Irish. But it really hasn't anything else going for it so I'm going to change after 2-3 years of it. As I do a load of hillwalking the GPS feature would be really useful to me (i.e. I got seriously lost on my last trip!). And as I have no camera a good camera would also be very useful. Other than that I don't need anything fancy at all.

However, on the Meteor website here I cannot see any mention of GPS so is it marketed as something else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Check out the nokia 6700

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

The LG Optimus would be another contender.

Tis an android phone so touch screen and has GPS and wifi with google maps and google maps navigator (turn by turn navigation with voice directons) for use with the gps.

Camera is pants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Wait for the Nokia N8 - they've confirmed they'll be carrying it.
    It's Nokia's best camera phone ever.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Samsung wave is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Thanks. When I went in for the 6700, which they had in stock, the Meteor guy tried to sell me the Samsung Wave, which he would have to order for me, but which has Google maps rather than GPS. Would Google Maps be as good as GPS? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

The big problem I have had with Samsung since I first got my Tocco a few years ago is the sound quality - it is muffled in comparison to the Nokia I had before this. I brought it back to the Meteor shop and all the other Toccos had the same muffled voice quality.

Is this still a problem with Samsung phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement