Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to proof read my essay?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I am repeating an assignment and have to write a 1000 word essay on semi-structured interviews and how they are good for disertation research.

I was told that my previous attemp was poorly written, poorly referenced and not written in the third person which leads me to believe I am not good at this stuff. The lecturer advised that I have someone proof read it for structural criticism but I dont know anyone who is a lecturer or would know what to look for.

Can anyone help me out?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

i can take a look for you, not today, cus i'm hungover, but tomorrow if that's any good to you :D

i'm familiar with the subject matter and referencing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,512 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't know much about the subject but I have proof-read essays on a range of subjects that I do not know much about and offered advice on structure and grammar. If you want to PM me I will have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I am repeating an assignment and have to write a 1000 word essay on semi-structured interviews and how they are good for disertation research.

I was told that my previous attemp was poorly written, poorly referenced and not written in the third person which leads me to believe I am not good at this stuff. The lecturer advised that I have someone proof read it for structural criticism but I dont know anyone who is a lecturer or would know what to look for.

Can anyone help me out?

Regards
    Sure, fire it up to me in a PM and I will give a once over and hammer you with corrections based on your ideas. I might even give you links and examples of good practice. If it is really bad though then be prepared to be insulted though.

It is a learning process a thousand words is light to be honest, it shouldn't be to hard to weed out bad habits from what your lecturer has mentioned. A thousand words sounds like an introduction to be honest.

Fire away chap in a PM and I will proof read and correct where I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Guys, thanks very much for the offers.

Its just about finished, I was just testing the waters at the mo.
    Should finish it in the next few days and I will pm you to see if you are still interested.

Sometimes boards really surprises you when you get nice people like yourselves willing to help someone else out.
    Very impressed.
    Thanks

Advertisement