Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator Discussion Thread [CONTAINS SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

didn't know any irish bookies were offering on this.!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

SDTimeout wrote: »
    didn't know any irish bookies were offering on this.!!

PP, had ais slight favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Those Wards are always gettin' in fights ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I notice boyles are offering the sept 2nd card of bellator and also have it advertised on ESPN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ais did well to escape mountt, hopefully she'll turn it around

1 round a piece. Ais needs this round

Great fight so far, would like to see a bit more on the feet though. Ward might have tired herself out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

This round takes it!

I'd give that round to ais, i've a feelin the judges scored round one 10-8 though, finish her in this or completely dominate her ais

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Would you give Ais the second? She def lost the first but that was much closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

F**k, another take down!! Ais has to go for the win in this round. You can see the weight cut has taken it's tole on Ais.

Head up Ais, you never gave up and I for one respect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Hard luck Ais, you fought till the very end. You'll be back!!

Lads regardless of what has been said. I think as Irish MMA fans we should get behind Marcus Davis and Joe Duffy because it is becoming clear Irish MMA is not at the elite level yet that the UK, Brazilian, US, Japanese, Dutch and Canadian MMA is at at the present moment.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Lads regardless of what has been said. I think as Irish MMA fans we should get behind Marcus Davis and Joe Duffy because it is becoming clear Irish MMA is not at the elite level yet that the UK, Brazilian, US, Japanese, Dutch and Canadian MMA is at at the present moment.

You have to take into fact that it was her first US fight, plus she cut a lot of weight (I know this is part of the job) but she could of given up but stayed in it so well done for that. It's her only loss so I would not write her off just yet.

• Advertisement

You have to take into fact that it was her first US fight, plus she cut a lot of weight (I know this is part of the job) but she could of given up but stayed in it so well done for that. It's her only loss so I would not wright her off just yet.

Ais was our best prospect and sadly she got beaten well. I am not writing it off. I am saying that we should support Davis and Duffy, while Irish MMA keeps making in roads on the World MMA scene.

What about Tom "The Tank" Egan? Haven't heard much about him lately at all. Hope the Marcus Davis thing was a joke :rolleyes:

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    What about Tom "The Tank" Egan? Haven't heard much about him lately at all. Hope the Marcus Davis thing was a joke :rolleyes:

Davis is willing to represent Ireland and is proud of his Irish heritage. Why wouldn't you support him.

while he's proud f his irsih heritage,he's still american, he's not considered irish mma. Ais is, she fough what nearly 20lbs ligher than her usual fight weight?(could be wrong) that's a massive change.She was outwrestled not outfought, she never looked like finishing ais

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Tom is making waves over in the U.S. working in peter welsh's boxing gym and preparing for an upcoming fight next month. Dont be surprised if tom is on the next ufc card over here.

From training with him recently I can tell you he is still far ahead from the Irish mma Pack. And of course he's only 22.

Well done Ais, you fought the whole way through, No shame in losing to Lisa Ward. Highly decorated fighter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Muppetry. This is why the word fanboy was invented.

Ais goes undefeated her entire career up to now and then loses to one of the top 5 in the world and suddenly she's ****e? Her last win was against Maiju Kujala, who is now fighting for Strikeforce but she's not at the top level? This is typical Irish.

If you want to shout for Duffy and Davis I've no problem with that, but Davis has defeats on his record too and I'm sure if Duffy loses next you won't be so quick to slate him. Why not be a little more encouraging for someone who has been developed here in Ireland and has fought on many Irish shows. After all, she just took one of the world's best to a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Tom is making waves over in the U.S. working in peter welsh's boxing gym and preparing for an upcoming fight next month. Dont be surprised if tom is on the next ufc card over here

Tom is a friend, although I havent been in contact with him for a while unfortunately. But I really hope he is taking advantage of his time in the USA to work on his wrestling. As this was by far the most lacking part of his game in his last fight. Tom is an amazing prospect, having already fought in the UFC and he is only 22! I think training in the states was a good move for him.

Well done Ais! I think you have really reached the upper echelon of female fighters, and you will only learn and grow as a fighter from this experience. Many times a loss can be the best thing that can happen in a fighters career. We are all very proud of you and i am looking forward to seeing you back in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I dont think Ais weight cut gave her much of a problem in terms of her performance. Ais was fighting one of the top female fighters, and the only way for her to improve is to fight these top fighters. Hopefully she has more fights in America as she will improve alot!

Ais is a great fighter, a great friend and a great inspiration for female mma, especially in Ireland. She will come back greater and improve from this experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

After all, she just took one of the world's best to a decision.
    And took a round IMO.

I wonder how she felt about the cut? Hopefully well, she could be a monster at 115.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Hard luck on the result but well done for getting there.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I missed the fight, any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Tones69 wrote: »
    I missed the fight, any links?

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=376R4TP5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Fall_Guy wrote: »

Ais did a great job, Lisa wrestled on the guys team so she is a serious wrestler. Not a whole lot Ais could do with a top level wrestler like that to be fair, round 2 was better for ais and was close but rounds 1 and 3 deffo dominated by Lisa, well done Ais you'l be back better and stronger next time, did VERY VERY well making us debut against one of the best in the world

Starting in a few mins if anyone is interested. Joe Warren / Soto headlines.

Starting in a few mins if anyone is interested. Joe Warren / Soto headlines.

Hope Soto takes this one. Last season of Bellator was so good apart from the fact that Warren and Askrin used their boring wrestling to lay 'n' pray their opponents to results. Really felt Warren didn't deserve that victory over Fabricio Pitbull, hoping he gets smashed tonight :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement