Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB

Options
  • 13-08-2010 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I got a Nokia N95 8GB recently, but I didn't get a Nokia PC cable with it. I was wondering can i use the cable I have for my hard drive to connect my N95 to PC Suite?(they are the same fitting) Or do I have to have a legit Nokia cable to use PC Suite?? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

The HD cable will probably be fine, I use a non-Nokia cable. You can do certain things over bluetooth as well, if your computer has a bluetooth card.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Ya that's what I thought but I have driver problems when I try to connect to it???
    when i try to connect it, none of the connection types are useable? I can't pick any:

Untitled.jpg

The laptop has bluetooth,but that does show up either? I just want to update the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What happens when you use the cable?

sue the cable??? what does that mean?ha:o

USE! :rolleyes:

:o

• Advertisement

haha, well i plug the phone into the cable, and i select PC suite, when I try to connect to it using PC Suite, it can't find it??:mad:

kennethk wrote: »
    haha, well i plug the phone into the cable, and i select PC suite, when I try to connect to it using PC Suite, it can't find it??:mad:

Its a driver problem so, try downloading ovi suite from the nokia site

Davy wrote: »
    Its a driver problem so, try downloading ovi suite from the nokia site

i did and still no good:confused:

I'm not sure actually, I downloaded PC Suite??:o

kennethk wrote: »
    i did and still no good:confused:

I'm not sure actually, I downloaded PC Suite??:o

Ovi suite, is the new pc suite, when you download it fresh, you should have a problem with drivers: http://www.nokia.ie/support/software/ovi-suite

Davy wrote: »
    Ovi suite, is the new pc suite, when you download it fresh, you should have a problem with drivers: http://www.nokia.ie/support/software/ovi-suite

Cheers Davy, i'l install it now :D

EDIT: Do you have a N95 8GB? If you do how long do you get out of your battery?? Thanks a million :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement