Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating to Ozland help !

Options
  • 13-08-2010 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Ok trying to get to Australia asap

1. would you need a job sorted out before you apply for a visa ? from what i seen its seems like a catch 22 you need a visa to apply for a job , and a job to apply for a visa .

2. How much is insurance and is it necessary ?

3.Min amount of money you need in a bank account ?

4.is it mad to go on your own ?

5. Min amount of money to bring with ?

6. waiting list to apply for a visa ? and best to apply

7. looking for farm work , employer contacts ? (greedy as i am i'd prefer if you pm'd or reputable websites

8. are there many spiders ?

9. on a website it said your main motive must be holidaying , is that the case ? (will they ask me what sites im gonna see ,will i just be straight with them and say i just wanna work and out myself to use)

get back to me ASAP !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Settle down there tiger, what visa are you looking at coming out on. Are you eliglible for a WHV? If you dont know what that is are you under 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Settle down there tiger, what visa are you looking at coming out on. Are you eliglible for a WHV? If you dont know what that is are you under 30?

yeah a WHV , im eligible unless i have any unseen medical problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

9 very original questions ther OP.
    Hopefully other people looking for such information can use the search function to find this thread.
    You are paving the way for those who come behind you.
    Congrats

Yeah then your fine , there is no real drama in getting a WHV. The answers you seek are here somewhere. Simply apply for it and you will get it.

Bring as much cash as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Fozzydog3 wrote: »

1. would you need a job sorted out before you apply for a visa ? from what i seen its seems like a catch 22 you need a visa to apply for a job , and a job to apply for a visa . You dont need a job for a WHV, just get the visa, come over and then look for work.

2. How much is insurance and is it necessary ? I dont know what the insurance deal is on the WHV, you can find out on www.immi.gov.au

3.Min amount of money you need in a bank account ? they say you need $5000, or a ticket out of the country. but as far as ive heard, they rarely check

4.is it mad to go on your own ? Not if you're outgoing and the type to make friends easily. no point in coming over and sitting around on your own not talkin to anyone.

5. Min amount of money to bring with ?depends, do you plan on working straight away? do you want to do some travelling? where will you be living?

6. waiting list to apply for a visa ? and best to apply as above WHV. do iit on the net, should be quick enough about getting back to you. i got mine in 3 hours. but that was 18months ago.

7. looking for farm work , employer contacts ? (greedy as i am i'd prefer if you pm'd or reputable websites Cant help ya there

8. are there many spiders ? haha again depends on where ya are. out in the bush, yes, loads of big ones! in the cities, only small ones mostly. ya dont see them that often though.

9. on a website it said your main motive must be holidaying , is that the case ? (will they ask me what sites im gonna see ,will i just be straight with them and say i just wanna work and out myself to use) they wont ask you anything mate, they cant tell you what to do when you get here. if you wanna work, work. its they way the majority of people get out here.

get back to me ASAP !!!!!!!! whats the hurry? ya skipping the country or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I like the tags for this thread!! As regards work what experience have you in the agri sector an what sort of agri job are you looking for??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Is that you Larry Murphy? Not welcome in baltinglass anymore? :pac:

C0N0R wrote: »
    I like the tags for this thread!! As regards work what experience have you in the agri sector an what sort of agri job are you looking for??

none , just a farm hand :/

Lu Tze wrote: »

no comment

Oh and spiders

Sorry I can help you there
    IMGP0095.JPG
    Huntsman harmless , unless it falls from the sun visor when doing >80kmph

IMGP0680.JPG
    Wolf spider , wanted to come in because it was wet outside

• Advertisement

you have no soul !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭C0N0R

none , just a farm hand :/

Those websites in the other thread in the farming section would be your best bet then. Google is also your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

9. on a website it said your main motive must be holidaying , is that the case ? (will they ask me what sites im gonna see ,will i just be straight with them and say i just wanna work and out myself to use)

I think you misunderstood, they don't say your main motive has to be holidaying.

They say:
    For people aged between 18 and 30 from arrangement countries to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment.
    and its not a case were you have to travel about. Staying in sydney/melbourne/brissy etc for 12 months is still a holiday per say.

It's basically phrased like that to show that its not a working visa (like 457, PR etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

1. would you need a job sorted out before you apply for a visa ? from what i seen its seems like a catch 22 you need a visa to apply for a job , and a job to apply for a visa . No you dont need a job to get the WHV.

2. How much is insurance and is it necessary ? Id advise holiday insurance,check out Australian holidays,der fairly good for it..

3.Min amount of money you need in a bank account ? $5000 but they rarely check it.

4.is it mad to go on your own ? Your not one bit mad,Oz is full of Irish and the backpacker motels is great spot for meeting people.

5. Min amount of money to bring with ? I reckon $5000,you'd burn money out here if your not working.

6. waiting list to apply for a visa ? and best to apply immi.gov.au are the best and you should get approved within a few hours.

7. looking for farm work , employer contacts ? (greedy as i am i'd prefer if you pm'd or reputable websites Did ya ring the number of that farmer i gave ya.

8. are there many spiders ? No not many spiders.

9. on a website it said your main motive must be holidaying , is that the case ? (will they ask me what sites im gonna see ,will i just be straight with them and say i just wanna work and out myself to use) Dey dont care if your holidaying or working,just make sure you dont spend more than 6mths with the same employer,der gettin strict on that.

get back to me ASAP !!!!!!!!
    Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Lu Tze wrote: »

This made me ROFL!:D

Advertisement