Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Mr E wrote: »
    The last Summer of Arcade game, out next Wednesday.

First review is up on the Guardian website, and they make it sound really good. A great physics engine, lots of puzzles, and perfectly playable in single player (thank god).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/aug/13/lara-croft-guardian-light-game-review

That is a very positive review

I like the puzzle element in the Tomb raider games so I will probably pick this up

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This will be a blind buy for me tomorrow. Eurogamer's review has convinced me. It's two games in one - the levels are quite different in single player and co-op, it's 6-8 hours for each in length, there is replayability (challenge rooms and speed runs).

2gb download though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Much as I'm enjoying the Tomb Raider games by CD, I'd really love another Kain game. I know the story kinda finished, but there's always loopholes, especially with time travel! Hell, HD remakes would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Getting great reviews.. ill definitely be picking it up tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's not going to have online co-op from release. It will be patched a month ot so later.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/06/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-will-not-have-online-co-op/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

This will be a blind buy for me tomorrow. Eurogamer's review has convinced me. It's two games in one - the levels are quite different in single player and co-op, it's 6-8 hours for each in length, there is replayability (challenge rooms and speed runs).

2gb download though. :)

Plus thereare like 5 DLC packs to be released before the end of the year. If they hold up to the quality of the base game then its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

This is a strange one. I read bits and pieces about this and wasn't too interested (own all 3 Tomb Raider games on 360), but then 9/10... that's hard to ignore. I haven't bought any of the Summer of XBLA titles this year, which is in stark contrast to last summer. I'm going to get Limbo, but not for 1200... This is another story, but I'll try the demo first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I might pick it up just to have my 3rd arcade game and get 400 points back. But, I won't be playing it before September 28th (co-op patch)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

chrislad wrote: »
    Much as I'm enjoying the Tomb Raider games by CD, I'd really love another Kain game. I know the story kinda finished, but there's always loopholes, especially with time travel! Hell, HD remakes would be great!

+1. Those games are amazing (aside from BO2).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is there an unlockable bikini costume?

I could never do it on the last one!

• Advertisement

Free DLC, yes you heard me correctly FREE :D

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/08/16_01.html

There will be 4 more DLC packs add that to the 1200 pionts for the game and you could be slipping in to full retail price territory.

Nice....and the character packs are for characters from other games.....Crystal Dynamics made the Legacy of Kain games.....Raziel and Kain adventuring through a tomb together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Raziel and Kain adventuring through a tomb together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K. I. S. S. I. N. G. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

May pick this one up, looks quite good. This summer of arcade hasnt interested me in the least. Was gonna pick up Castlevania but it seemed the botched it, was expecting something more traditional.

Will wait for a few more reviews before i decide on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

May pick this one up, looks quite good. This summer of arcade hasnt interested me in the least. Was gonna pick up Castlevania but it seemed the botched it, was expecting something more traditional.

Will wait for a few more reviews before i decide on this one

Limbo was great though. Other than that I agree, a bit of an under-whelming Summer of Arcade this year compared to other years. Not a bad summer for arcade titles though with Deathspank, Monkey Island 2, Scott Pilgrim, Shank and a few others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Not sure if I want to give up 2gbs for this. What are boardies' opinions of the game so far?

CORaven wrote: »
    Not sure if I want to give up 2gbs for this. What are boardies' opinions of the game so far?

Yeah was surprised by the size too, nabbing the demo now to try it.

Edit: Gave it 5 minutes there, was surprised at how quick flowing it feels, and how quickly I adjusted to the isometric view (Only finished TR:Underworld last week) Could be worth the price of admission maybe, not sure yet.

In terms of graphics it's not bad but far from stellar in the looks department.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Nice....and the character packs are for characters from other games.....Crystal Dynamics made the Legacy of Kain games.....Raziel and Kain adventuring through a tomb together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's awesome. Kain's very cool, Raziel is one of the best designed characters ever.
    calex71 wrote: »
    K. I. S. S. I. N. G. :D

But...but...Raziel is missing half of his face, how can he kiss anyone?!

I'm a big TR fan, I might try to get the last achievements out of Underworld before I get this.

Picked it up, very good. Puzzles can take a few seconds to get but no massively hard parts. Most I died was trying to do a puzzle right for an achievement.

Also a lot of replay, every level has about 10 goals to complete, either for points earned, time taken or doing particular actions. All unlock upgrades so a great incentive to complete them. Only on the 4th out of 14 and taken me close to 2 hours so quite a bit of game in there.

Couldnt hurt to trial it anyways, not touched the co-op as nobody round to play with right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Played the demo and really enjoyed it. I'll be picking up the game for sure. From the screenshots I've seen though the level variety appears to be lacking.

Terrific game, I really like it.
    Some head scratching puzzles and frantic battles. Great game.

Terrific game, I really like it.
    Some head scratching puzzles and frantic battles. Great game.

Is it 12 points great?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Great game, well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Pleasantly surprised by this last night. Didn't buy it, but I'm pretty close to it. Seems like good value for money too.

Did it bother anyone else that you never see a character speak, just the back of their head? I suppose they have to trim the cost somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played the first two levels with the otherhalf last night, most fun we had in a coop game in a while. I like the fast arcadey feeling, everything flows really nicely. Also the challenge rooms and the level time trials add to the length of the game if your the kind that likes to 100% your games. So far so good

There is a huge amount of replayability in it too (especially if you're going for 200GS). Some of the challenges (like finishing the first level in 6 minutes, doing that fire puzzle in 30 seconds, or finishing a level with over a certain score) means there is a lot to do after you finish the main game. That's before you even think of co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Played through the co-op campaign in one sitting there with a friend last night. Had a great time playing it. There was only one slightly frustrating part but other than that it was fantastic. Tis longer than I thought it'd be too.

I played the trial last night, very impressed. It's amazing how well they've captured the feel of the other CD TR games on the isometric plain.

I'll be spending my next set of points on this and Scott Pilgrim!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

is this download-only or will it be available in shops? shít broadband at my place so i won't be able to get it online.

Advertisement