Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caroline Kearney Memorial Triathlon 14th August

• 13-08-2010 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Any other boardsies heading to this? My first olympic race - butterflies today!

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    100%
    EC1000 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

EC1000 wrote: »
    Any other boardsies heading to this? My first olympic race - butterflies today!

In the exact same boat. But I'll survive, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

My first Oly also. Looking forward to it now.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

best of luck all. i really enjoyed this one last yr. i had actually thought i had entered for this year and only realised last month i hadnt but i have enough races to Budapest so i sat it out. looking forward to your reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Anyone got details of the exact distances today. Believe the run and swim were a bit short. Forgot to reset my bike computer before hand so didn't get that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Not sure of the swim, but the bike was 42 and the run was 9.75 (all according to my watch)

Great event and well done to Midland tri. Very friendly event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

4 stars (good)
    Enjoyed the race. The canons that started the race were appropriate as I found the swim a bit of a battle - got an elbow in the front teeth for my troubles but found open water soon enough and made it through.

Having only competed in sprint races before this, I found the longer bike to be a real eye opener. This is where the stronger cyclists come into their own - and where I get left behind!

Enjoyed the run, especially the out and back sections so you could see exactly where everyone was. Passed a lot on the run and was pleased with a 40m30sec split for that.

Overall, was very pleased to get an olympic under my belt and content with a 2h24min time with definite room for improvement, especially on the bike.

As regards this event, extremely well run and draft busters everywhere. Even one of the top three finishers was DQ'ed (for endangering himself and the marshalls I believe, but open to correction).

I'll be back......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Looks like it was Bryan McCrysta that was DQ'd, anyone know more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

See Bryan McCrystal's blog http://wp.me/p11esg-1H which explains what happened.

Also I took a few snaps if anyone is looking for photos you can find them here http://bit.ly/d9Ik69

Advertisement