Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aldi and Lidl in KK City

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Folks,
    I know that Lidl has started their second store on the Johnswell Rd. But can anyone say when Aldi will start on Wd Rd? Apparently there has been planning given for discount store on Hebron Rd on site of old cooling factory!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The new one opened today, any difference to the one they already have on the Waterford road?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Newer obviously, decor slightly changed/updated. Newest thing there is a fresh bakery counter with bread and croissants and the like. Plain croissant around 49c and Pain au Chocolate is 59c compared with €1/€1.50 in Eurospar up the road and the rest of the supermarkets in town. Also new upmarket frozen range including stuff like duck breast and ostrich steaks, if you like that sort of thing, at extremely reasonable prices. Other than that, not that much different to the existing store on the Waterford Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

I heard they had a few things at reduced prices yesterday and was wondering had they any today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea the bakery seems a very good addition to Lidl and prices way below Superquinn; French Stick 79c vs 1.99c in Superquinn. Bit of a no brainer and will draw me to Lidl way more. Also all veg and fruit half price over there which is very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement