Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandon Flowers

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

22nd September in The Academy

Tickets sold out in under 2min this morning, luckily I got mine :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If it is anything like The Killers live show I can do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If it is anything like The Killers live show I can do without.

They've improved a lot live imo
    anyway it's Brandon solo, so should be...interesting - if nothing else.

gawd - on ebay already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The Killers as a live act have improved so much. In Marlay Park in 08 they were poor enough, but in the O2 last year they were amazing.

I wonder what we can expect in terms of a setlist, how many Killers tunes etc...

I heard people who were on at 9 even missed out! There's a guy on e-bay trying to sell 4 tickets for 500 pounds sterling. Absolutely disgusting.

Haha truck/bus/van, if it happens you can be first on the list for my ticket ;)

Yeah my cousin, huge killers fan, was on at the exact same time as me, at 9.05 I went on facebook chuffed with getting my tickets and she was gutted.

Could Brandon not have played the Olympia, surely he would have sold that out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I take it this is the future of the band - usually happens, like Sting and the Police or Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Robbie and Take That, George Michael and Wham, Mike Rutherford and Genesis...sooner or later there's a little solo play

I think that the Killers are pretty much done to be honest, this is Flowers seeing if he can make a go of it himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Yeah my cousin, huge killers fan, was on at the exact same time as me, at 9.05 I went on facebook chuffed with getting my tickets and she was gutted.

Could Brandon not have played the Olympia, surely he would have sold that out...

Sorry to hear about this man, especially with the touts getting their hands on tickets
    I take it this is the future of the band - usually happens, like Sting and the Police or Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Robbie and Take That, George Michael and Wham, Mike Rutherford and Genesis...sooner or later there's a little solo play

I think that the Killers are pretty much done to be honest, this is Flowers seeing if he can make a go of it himself...

The Killers are not "done." They're taking a break after 7 years nonstop working together and Brandon has decieded to give a solo career a go. He's even said that they've a date set to get back in the studio working on a new album.

Sorry to hear about this man, especially with the touts getting their hands on tickets

The Killers are not "done." They're taking a break after 7 years nonstop working together and Brandon has decieded to give a solo career a go. He's even said that they've a date set to get back in the studio working on a new album.

yep! to be honest I think he's underestimated his appeal! The band wanted a break, he didn't. I'm happy to see him solo in a such a small place two nights in a row:D:D

The killers will be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Realtine wrote: »
    The band wanted a break, he didn't.

That's how it starts. And that's all I'm saying.

Members of big bands always release solo stuff, it doesn't mean the band is close to being finished .Look at The Rolling Stones, together they've created some of the greatest tracks of all time while Jagger has been the soundtrack to Starbucks across the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Got my tickets for me and a friend on Friday morning. Was expecting them to sell out fast but jesus, 2 mins? :eek:

When I got the tix, box office collection was the only option available and it said they needed to be collected by the card holder with the card. Couple of questions:

Could my mam (card holder) colect them from the academy any day before the gig?

or

Could I collect them with the card at the gig without her?

Cheers.

Brandon played his first gig tonight, couple of videos coming out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzKtVuw3Lv0

Really like this one.
    He played mostly new stuff, Losing Touch rather disappointingly was the only Killers track, can we expect the same?

Cheers.

Brandon played his first gig tonight, couple of videos coming out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzKtVuw3Lv0

Really like this one.
    He played mostly new stuff, Losing Touch rather disappointingly was the only Killers track, can we expect the same?

:confused:
    I'd expect a lot of the same, it is a "Brandon Flowers" gig after all. I wouldn't be going to the Academy expecting much Killers stuff, sadly, I'd like to hear Mr. Brightside but it's not going to happen. Some of this stuff of his seems to have a very country vibe, not sure about that either.:rolleyes:

Realtine wrote: »
    :confused:
    I'd expect a lot of the same, it is a "Brandon Flowers" gig after all. I wouldn't be going to the Academy expecting much Killers stuff, sadly, I'd like to hear Mr. Brightside but it's not going to happen. Some of this stuff of his seems to have a very country vibe, not sure about that either.:rolleyes:

But if he has an album of 10 tracks you'd think he's throw in maybe 2 or 3 killers songs, if not only to stretch out the set but to keep people interested bit more. I really like the new stuff though I must say, On The Floor has a country feel and I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brendan hayes

He now plays When You Were Young as his encore.

Does anybody know who the support act is?

I'm don't think there is support, but don't know for sure. Does anyone know if this is one of the short "45 mins warm up" gigs he has being doing recently in the US, or a real 90 (or whatever) min gig?

There were tickets available for this just now, I'm very surprised, thought they were sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Just picked up 2 myself. Cheers for the heads up. Delighted.

Yeah cheers for lettin us know that, they were still available ten minutes ago, you've made my cousin very happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Any still available??

I heard Plan B are playing support. Anyone else hear this? Would be cool if true.

Scratch that, just done some research and it seems himself and Plan B (among others) are playing the Academy on Arthurs Day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Really enjoyed the gig last night, thought the album transferred really well live.

Nice to see a 'If God Will Send His Angels' cover thrown in there, an underrated U2 song if you ask me.

Anyone else?

Fago123 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the gig last night, thought the album transferred really well live.

Nice to see a 'If God Will Send His Angels' cover thrown in there, an underrated U2 song if you ask me.

Anyone else?

A U2 song I've never heard before, sounded good, but I think something like With or Without You would have been fantastic.

Over all a good gig but he was on too early and only played for like an hour or something, I know he hasn't got many songs but he could have played a couple more Killers songs maybe to stretch it out. Speaking of which, he may claim to have found "beauty" in the song but I really felt he butchered When You Were Young, a good job was done on Losing Touch but WYWY was awful.

Magdalena or the Kim Carnes cover were probably the two highlights.

A U2 song I've never heard before, sounded good, but I think something like With or Without You would have been fantastic.

Over all a good gig but he was on too early and only played for like an hour or something, I know he hasn't got many songs but he could have played a couple more Killers songs maybe to stretch it out. Speaking of which, he may claim to have found "beauty" in the song but I really felt he butchered When You Were Young, a good job was done on Losing Touch but WYWY was awful.

Magdalena or the Kim Carnes cover were probably the two highlights.

I've never heard anyone complain about a gig starting too early! You should try go to some Axl Rose gigs!

When You Were Young would have sounded a lot better if people didn't sing along but think that's quite difficult with such a damm catchy song. Still thought it was pretty cool though.

Jilted Lovers was my personal highlight. Anyone else see Paolo Nultini in the VIP area above the stage?

I've never heard anyone complain about a gig starting too early! You should try go to some Axl Rose gigs!

When You Were Young would have sounded a lot better if people didn't sing along but think that's quite difficult with such a damm catchy song. Still thought it was pretty cool though.

Jilted Lovers was my personal highlight. Anyone else see Paolo Nultini in the VIP area above the stage?

Yeah there's starting early and then there's being in bed by 10 :p

Jilted Lovers was great too yes

My cousin saw him outside before the show and my friend got a smoke of a Scottish guy he claimed "looked really like the Paolo Nutini fella"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Great show. Like others Jilted Lovers was the highlight for me. Really got the place going

My cousin saw him outside before the show and my friend got a smoke of a Scottish guy he claimed "looked really like the Paolo Nutini fella"

Ha! He could've sold that smoke on ebay if he'd held onto it!

• Advertisement

I thought he was great, he seemed to really enjoy it himself as well, i have no problem with anything that he sang - it all sounded great! (I'm a bit biased tho).
    :D

Advertisement