Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Ear Piercings in Galway

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey, can anyone recommend a good place to get my ears pierced in Galway? (Not lobe piercings though)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

G's Tattoos and Piercings above Army Navy Store. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Agreed! Very clean, friendly and thorough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I've heard theres a nice tidy place on Lower Abbeygate Street. The others look dirty and the people look dodge in MY OPINION

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

theres a place just down from the 02 store on shop street on your left got mine done there 6 wks ago lovely guys and spotless place very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Quick question. Is that place just metalworks with a new name, or is it under new management?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Quick question. Is that place just metalworks with a new name, or is it under new management?

I was wondering that too. Metalworks did not have a good reputation at all; a quick gander at the Tattoos and Piercings forum will show you that.

Personally I would save myself a lot of hassle and go to Steve in Snakebite in Dublin. Yes I know it's in Dublin but you honestly won't find better. He's brilliant at what he does and their service is excellent. I've been extremely happy with everything I've had done there.

FUtoo wrote: »
    I was wondering that too. Metalworks did not have a good reputation at all; a quick gander at the Tattoos and Piercings forum will show you that.

Personally I would save myself a lot of hassle and go to Steve in Snakebite in Dublin. Yes I know it's in Dublin but you honestly won't find better. He's brilliant at what he does and their service is excellent. I've been extremely happy with everything I've had done there.

They made an absolute balls of my labret piercing a few years back and would steer clear of them if its the same fellas. Get my tatts/piercings done at clowntown in Ennis now, place is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

They made an absolute balls of my labret piercing a few years back and would steer clear of them if its the same fellas. Get my tatts/piercings done at clowntown in Ennis now, place is excellent.

Have heard good things about Clowntown also.

Assume you are talking about Metalworks with regard to your messed up Labret??

FUtoo wrote: »
    Have heard good things about Clowntown also.

Assume you are talking about Metalworks with regard to your messed up Labret??

Yup indeed I was, they made a real mess of it. Hence I hope the place is under new management or has new people working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

It's under new management. The guy from metalworks who messed up everyone's piercings is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yup, new management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

G tattoos is unrelated to Metalworks. The guy should get more signage with the new name on it to distance from the previous place, everyone I've spoken to thought it was still Metalworks as there's only a small sign saying G's, the rest just say 'Tattoos & Piercings'.
    I thought the same until I was chatting about tattoos with a customer. The association with Metalworks could hurt business with Victor's & Inkfingers being so close anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cutesy

G tattoos is unrelated to Metalworks. The guy should get more signage with the new name on it to distance from the previous place, everyone I've spoken to thought it was still Metalworks as there's only a small sign saying G's, the rest just say 'Tattoos & Piercings'.
    I thought the same until I was chatting about tattoos with a customer. The association with Metalworks could hurt business with Victor's & Inkfingers being so close anyway.

Is G tattoos not on Prospect hill now? Across from the county council building? I got piercngs in Metal works years ago before it changed ownership. Never had a problem, they were very good there but the guys that are there now are cowboys! My brother got his nipple pierced there and it went weird! He went to Irish Ink to get the other one pierced a year after the first one because he thought that it was swollen and that having both pierced would balance him out but it turned out that he had an infection in the one Metal Works did. It was trapped in his nipple and the guy in Irish Ink synged it for him. He had to go to the doctor and get anti-biotics because it was there for a year!:mad: It was sick, smelt awful too! He was lucky!

I want to get a new piercing but don't know where to go....maybe the Irish Ink guy my brother went too.....has anyone gotten a piercing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

G's used to be on prospect hill. He took over metalworks after the owner of metalworks went nuts and attacked victor tattoo and custom tattoo with a hammer and knife. It was in the advertiser. So safe to say it's under new mgmt. The piercer in G's is derek, scary looking but very friendly.
    I'd also recommend G's

Krieg wrote: »
    G's used to be on prospect hill. He took over metalworks after the owner of metalworks went nuts and attacked victor tattoo and custom tattoo with a hammer and knife. It was in the advertiser. So safe to say it's under new mgmt. The piercer in G's is derek, scary looking but very friendly.
    I'd also recommend G's

Is that Derek the one with the scares on his face or was that the guy who attacked Victors? I know my other brother (I have a few) knows a guy who has tattoo all over his face and he said he's very nice but not sure where he works now.

Aye that's him

edit: i mean the guy with scars on his face, not the other guy

Krieg wrote: »
    Aye that's him

edit: i mean the guy with scars on his face, not the other guy

Yea was going to ask which one :) Was just on a blog talking to another girl who is going to go to G's so I might tag along sometime this weekend if hers goes well! Going to get my tragus pierced! ;) Cant wait! Hope it doesn't hurt! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

cutesy wrote: »
    Is G tattoos not on Prospect hill now? Across from the county council building? I got piercngs in Metal works years ago before it changed ownership. Never had a problem, they were very good there but the guys that are there now are cowboys! My brother got his nipple pierced there and it went weird! He went to Irish Ink to get the other one pierced a year after the first one because he thought that it was swollen and that having both pierced would balance him out but it turned out that he had an infection in the one Metal Works did. It was trapped in his nipple and the guy in Irish Ink synged it for him. He had to go to the doctor and get anti-biotics because it was there for a year!:mad: It was sick, smelt awful too! He was lucky!

I want to get a new piercing but don't know where to go....maybe the Irish Ink guy my brother went too.....has anyone gotten a piercing there?

Yup I got my tongue web done in there 3 years ago by the French guy. It was sound, in out, advice mouth wash, bla bla.. 3 years later it's still going.
    I'm getting something done on Saturday (haven't decided yet, so I'm wondering if Irish Ink is still the best)

Has anyone been there recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Yup I got my tongue web done in there 3 years ago by the French guy. It was sound, in out, advice mouth wash, bla bla.. 3 years later it's still going.
    I'm getting something done on Saturday (haven't decided yet, so I'm wondering if Irish Ink is still the best)

Has anyone been there recently?

If you're talking tattoos then I've heard enough about Irish Ink to make me not want to go there myself, havn't seen G's but if it's the same guy from, Prospect Hill I remember not being particularly impressed with his portfolio (or the fact they were quite happy to have screaming babies in the minuscule waiting room), but he had some nice heavy black tribal-esque work. Victors & Inkfingers have impressive folio work, depends what you're looking for.
    If it's piercings, then Victors I think has a piercer, and the guy at G's has a few reccomendations above (havn't gotten any piercing in Galway, but I have scoped out the tattoo scene)
    While on the subject, anyone know anything about that 'Pink tattoo' that's just opened off Dominick St? Their sign and fliers are atrocious looking, really puts you off the place since they seem to have been handmade by someone with a 10year old's art skills :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mantiis

Metalworks is under new managment and has been since january. The G's tattoo crowd in prospect hill moved into the building above the bodyshop. the piercers name is Andy, not derek and as for the girl whos brothers nipple piercing didnt turn out well, I can guarantee that he didnt follow the proper aftercare given by them.

• Advertisement

^ cheers for correcting me over the name, I kept second guessing myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

G's tattoos
    worth getting the right advice and a professional piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I went into G's on Saturday and tbh I didn't like it.

There seemed to be about 5 people hanging around 'working' there but nobody actually doing anything.

Headed to Victor's down the lane beside the O2 shop and was more than pleased the service.

Victors is good if you want a **** quality tattoo
    My cousin got a few stars done there around 6 months ago and you can hardly make out what they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Victors is good if you want a **** quality tattoo
    My cousin got a few stars done there around 6 months ago and you can hardly make out what they are

Did she get fat and stretch them?

Did she get fat and stretch them?

it was on her wrist actually

Advertisement