Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beach for swimming

Options
  • 13-08-2010 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Where would the best place be for swimming this time a year?
    Not too strong tides and where might be warmest with clear(or semi clear) water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Curracloe is my fav for swimmin, Morris Castle (Kilmuckridge) is nice too, as is Ballycarney

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Clearest water is without a doubt St. Helens Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

carne or the burrow is where we were thinking of going but i dont think i like the burrow so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Ryan T wrote: »
    Clearest water is without a doubt St. Helens Bay
    is it good for swimming though? i seem to remember it being full of rocks scattered around the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

There are parts of St. Helen's Bay which are rocky... but there's a lovely section of rock free beach down the wooden stairs and up a bit from the rocky area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

If you are into sea swimming , Cahore harbour is a grand spot, swim from beach out to the row of buoys and swim up to harbour. You can then do as many laps of buoys as you wish before heading back to beach. It is not tide dependent and is usually sheltered water, bar an eastery blowing !

Secman

Advertisement