Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy for babies?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I know you shouldn't give a baby cows milk to drink until 1 year old. But what about little bits of dairy, such as a cheesestick to nibble on or a little milk for cereal or a yoghurt, can you give that?

PS: it's amazing what I've forgotten in the two years since thetwins!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes,from about 6-8 months in cereal and snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

The HSE weaning book says to give cows milk on cereal from 6 months.

I give Megan butter on toast, sticks of mild cheese and I quite often put cheese in her dinners. She also has a Danonino or Petit Filous at lunch.

I broke the dairy in quite gently and so far haven't had any tummy upsets or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Just make sure that it's full fat dairy until they are five for it to meet their RDA for fat, calcium etc..

Advertisement