Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back Dated Job Seekers Benefit ??

• 13-08-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

quick summary

working 10 years in same company and last year was put on 3 day week , then i claimed the other 2 days , then in Jan of this year i got a 2 day week job so was back to full-time employment all be it with 2 jobs , then in Jun the 2 day week job had to let me go , no i didnt apply for jobseekers benefit as i had a few quid and it wasnt urgent , now it is and was hoping i could claim back since i was let go

is there any hope of this ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

no you will only get it from the time you go in and let them know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

gustafo wrote: »
    no you will only get it from the time you go in and let them know

alright cheers

thats that so

hardworking joe gets fooked over as usual while free loaders get it all

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

hardworking joe gets fooked over as usual while free loaders get it all

But, you didn't apply for it. If you had, then the hard worker would have gotten exactly what they were entitled to, just like anyone would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

jor el wrote: »
    But, you didn't apply for it. If you had, then the hard worker would have gotten exactly what they were entitled to, just like anyone would.

yes

but why can't it be backdated ???

i asked the girl ( who was a complete tool ) she said " they dont know if you have been away on holidays or flying in and out on a regular basis " i gawped at her in dis belief , the neck of her to which i replied " where would i go considering i work , mon , wed , fri in my other job and with what money considering i have a mortgage , she knew all this , what a stupid statement to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

yes

but why can't it be backdated ???

i asked the girl ( who was a complete tool ) she said " they dont know if you have been away on holidays or flying in and out on a regular basis " i gawped at her in dis belief , the neck of her to which i replied " where would i go considering i work , mon , wed , fri in my other job and with what money considering i have a mortgage , she knew all this , what a stupid statement to make

It is both of your own fault for not applying sooner, not the social welfare office or the staff working there. They are not mind readers, and only have your word that you qualified (i.e. were not working on those days) on the days you are looking to have backdated. The whole point of bringing in those yellow slips (which is what both of you would be doing as casual JSA/JSB claimaints) is that an ongoing record can be kept while your claim is processed. Sure else anyone could just come in and say "Oh can you backdate that, I was not working for 6 months before applying." Obviously I am not saying either of you are doing that, but these rules are in place to prevent the 10% that would chance their arm from doing so. It is a sucky situation when you know you are entitled to it and I empathise. For instance when I first applied for JSB, I asked for it to be backdated as I was unaware for a bit of my entitlements. I sent them a nice letter when applying and in fairness they gave me an extra month backdated, although they disallowed the month and half before that. So they might do something for you depending on who you talk to. But to blame it on "freeloaders" or on staff just doing their jobs is wrong when it is you who didn't make the effort to claim when you had the free time to do so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement