Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

360+windows7 = media center heaven in HD

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

after a few hours of crashes and freezing its up and working 100% now.

Note - Bitlocker MUST be either suspended or turned off on the main c: to access the media browser.

thanks for sharing this info. king amongst men

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

00sully wrote: »
    5. This user needs to be given permission to "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser" folder - read and write.

I can't for the life of me find that folder, I click computer, no sign of this on my C:\ Programfiles is the nearest thing to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

markfla wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me find that folder, I click computer, no sign of this on my C:\ Programfiles is the nearest thing to it

try and just type "C:\ProgramData" directly into the address bar in windows explorer. You probably just have "Hidden files and folders" set to "don't show". you can change this behaviour in folder options.

in windows explorer press "alt" this will show the classic toolbar - choose "tools" then "folder options" then in the view tab check "show hidden files and folders" bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Thanks alot for putting me onto this, have been using wmc for a good while but not been able to play mkvs was a sickener. Didn't think it would ever be supported.

I've had one problem with some mkv files. If theres subtitles muxed into the mkv it will not play on the xbox. Easy solution is to remove the subtitles with mkvmerge(only takes a minute or 2). Remember to set the compression on both the audio and video tracks to "none" in the extra options tab or it won't work for ya when ya try to playback on the xbox.

The files stream perfectly now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Hi Tazzle,

Does the XBMC menu work alright for you? That was the main problem on the Xbox. The interface just took forever to navigate through.

I wouldn't be able to use the laptop while watching an MKV, if I did it'd become painfully slow. It's grand other than that, not completely 100% responsive, but close.
    00sully wrote: »
    Are you using the mediabrowser plugin mentioned above? I use that and have no problems. With all the high res movie art in my movies folders, I cant even browse the media center on the xbox it just freezes. Apparently a well known problem.

I had slowness using vista too. Are you using win7?

No sir, not using that plugin. I'm on Windows 7.

• Advertisement
Advertisement