Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to name and shame or not???

Options
  • 13-08-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I've learned about one of siblings employer and what they have been doing to avoid the 'recession' and of two minds what to do. Should i sing fom the rooftops or just ignore??

My Sibling started as a manager with the strictly cash business at the very beginning of their trading just over 1 year ago. To begin with (1st 6months) my sibling was been paid regularly but sometimes cash or into the bank. About 6months into the employment cheques were starting to bounce, and skipping a weeks wage here and there. Eventually 7 weeks had accumulated and was asked to 'draw a line under it' and wait. My sibling felt no choice in the matter so agreed. But the same thing kept happening. Eventually on one day after not being paid for 4weeks the my sibling needed petrol to get home from work and asked for wages, the owner tossed 20euros and said thats all your getting. This employer now owes my sibling 16 weeks wages and my sibling has been left with no choice but to leave. I understand my sibling is an extreem (silly) case and if had not of been the manager then would have left long ago.

However this employer is deliberly hiring people, paying for two weeks then stopping payment until they get pi**ed off and leave, usually after getting at least two weeks free labour. Everybody who have been employed in this establishment for the past year is telling the same story.

My sibling is going through legal procedings but we dont hold out much hope. When my sibling went to sign on it was discovered that this employer has never paid any paye or prsi.

I'm posting this here as the business is located in meath, what do you all think??

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement