Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*snip*

Options
  • 13-08-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

After more than 10 years working as a freelance webdesigner this was the first time I faced a situation like this. I worked 39 hours (a document was provided explaining hour by hour of my work) for the company (( *SNIP* )) and the company paid me only 19.5h judging that these would be enough for my work.

I will not relate what was done, but I want to make a warning to freelancers like me who live and work seriously on a freelance basis and will work with this company. BE AWARE!

EDITED to remove name/company - Please do not register with intent to post threads slating people or businesses etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I imagine this will get locked / deleted VERY quickly. But thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Always do up a contract, even for small jobs, and include terms which cover the release of licencing rights only upon full payment.

I usually insist on 50% up front or maybe 40-40-20 depending on the job. It helps both parties focus better on the job and weeds out this kind of trouble.

OP not sure whether you had a contract or not, but I'd at least send them an invoice for the balance. After that, would depend on a few things.

I see their website isn't published yet....

Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement