Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere in the Dublin area where you would get Skateboard parts?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Have a very old skateboard which had a wheel broken yesterday as one of the children on the road did a stunt on it.
    Is there anywhere in the Dublin area where you would get Skateboard parts? or indeed online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

where abouts are you?? its been a while since i was get stuff, but put together a board last year, for old time sake :)

Kart City in santry have skateboard stuff.
    Skate City in Temple Bar, might a bit expensive.

i think there is a place on O'Connell street somewhere.

But for the best prices it would be online.

If your not looking for professional stuff, then Argos sell full boards and you could swap the wheels, trucks over to your board.
    I am saying this because parts are expensive, and you cant really buy cheap parts.
    i think i spent about €200 on trucks, wheels, and bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

g1 on the end of o'connell street or as before mentioned skate city in temple bar. i doubt you'll get parts in argos, but if it's a cheap sh*tty board you got in a toy store or argos, you're better off just getting a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

If the wheel actaully broke rather than wore down it must be a cheap toy skateboard with plastic wheels rather that uerethane. Try Skate City in Temple Bar (Crown alley) ask for Clive tell him shaggy sent ye. Or Wreckless in Gorey or the board room in greystones or g1 in o connell st or S.O.F.D indoor skatepark in santry. Kart city is gone. If they have a real interest in skating buy a decent complete board for around €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

Great thanks for the names of places.

Its actually a fairly decent board that had been souped up and hadn't been used in 10 years or so. Thats why all the local kids are impressed with it compared to the ****ty Smyths ones they have.
    The previous owner was mad into skateboarding and would have 'customized' the board.
    The wheels on the front were a different size to those on the back. The Board is quite heavy and wider than most. But is the envy of the other kids on the road, thats why I'd like to see if I could fix it.

I know little or nothing about them as I wasn't into them as a young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

well did the wheel crack? or did it just fall off? or was it the truck (axle) that broke? if it was the last 2, the problem was probably with the truck rather than the wheel

• Advertisement
Advertisement