Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 550D c/w 18-55 lens

• 13-08-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive finally settled on buying this camera. I've read the sticky on where to buy cameras and trawled the net. The best I can find is €839 from both pixles.ie and Argos. Ther majority are set at €899.

My question is, does anyone know of new outlets from the ones originally posted on the sticky, or has anyone seen it cheaper around the place?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭digitalbeginner

Just a note to let you know that neither Pixmania nor Argos qualify for the half day free training that comes with Canon digital SLR's.

We run this training for Canon and take the registrations which is now I know. It might not be an issue for you but people who bought cameras abroad pay (and have paid) €150 for the course,

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Just a note to let you know that neither Pixmania nor Argos qualify for the half day free training that comes with Canon digital SLR's.

We run this training for Canon and take the registrations which is now I know. It might not be an issue for you but people who bought cameras abroad pay (and have paid) €150 for the course,

Dave
    Thanks Dave, I hadn't spotted that. Good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 luffy001

if u are based in dublin can suggest you few stores where price can be bit less
    connscameras.ie

berminghamcameras.ie

hallcameras.ie

online stores like
    pixmania.ie

simplyelectornics.ie

compare the price and choose your best

regards
    naveen

oops sorry didnt see you from wexford , most of the stores i suggested does shipping

note :simplyelectronics.ie wont charge for shipping if u order over 100e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Dave

I bought my 500d in argos and I contacted you (organisation). I was sent out one of the tokens for it and was told something about a special receipt I was meant to receive with it from argos. I was in the January Cork tutorial though I couldn't go to the sunset shoot from it recently

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I bought my 500d in argos and I contacted you (organisation). I was sent out one of the tokens for it and was told something about a special receipt I was meant to receive with it from argos. I was in the January Cork tutorial though I couldn't go to the sunset shoot from it recently
    Argos were a qualifying dealer up 'til early this year but they're not now.

To make up for missing the January night shoot you can always attend the dusk shoot on the September course in Cork. Just PM me and I'll send you the details,

Dave

luffy001 wrote: »
    if u are based in dublin can suggest you few stores where price can be bit less
    connscameras.ie

berminghamcameras.ie

hallcameras.ie

online stores like
    pixmania.ie

simplyelectornics.ie

compare the price and choose your best

regards
    naveen

Had tried all those except simply electronics, which look very good indeed. :D
    http://simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=9872

I'll investigate them further. Cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

oldyouth wrote: »

Simply Electronics is a Hong Kong company.
    http://simplyelectronicsnot.webs.com/

FYI Conn's give you free sensor cleaning for the length of time you own the camera you bought from them. Normally €50,

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

I'm saving for one of these too. I't now £632 (761 euro i think but not sure if it qualifies for free delivery to ROI) at amazon, seems to be the lowest price I could find to date. Funny too argos seems to be quite competitive with them as well.

• Advertisement

oldyouth wrote: »
    Had tried all those except simply electronics, which look very good indeed. :D
    http://simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=9872

i have checked the price and are like this

CANON EOS 550d WITH 18-55MM KIT LENS

pixmania.ie
    > € 786,50 + pp

hallcameas.ie
    > € 899.99 + PP

simplyelectronics.ie ----> € 725.95 free PP

berminghamcameras.ie ----> € 899.00 + PP

connscameras.ie
    > € 899.99 + PP

ALL THESE ARE ONLINE PRICE COULD CHANGE IF YOU PICK UP FROM STORE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

£670 from camerabox...

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?ProductName=Canon-EOS-550D-18-55mm-IS-Lens-Kit&ProductID=11811

I've dealt with them and delivery is quick and cheap.

Thanks everyone.
    Luffy001, Pixmania was €838 when I originally posed. I guess these things change by the day :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Might be worth holding out a little while before buying anything. Canon, Nikon and Sony will be all announcing new cameras at their own press events and photokina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭annfield1978

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/198331

£632 on Ebuyer which is €772

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Might be worth holding out a little while before buying anything. Canon, Nikon and Sony will be all announcing new cameras at their own press events and photokina.
    I hear what you're saying but it has taken me this long to decide on the Canon. Any new models will just put me back to square one. My wife says to get it soon or she's having the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Bought mine in Argos in Galway over the weekend €839.99, it was the last one and Athlone had none in stock. I was going to buy in the camera shop at €899 with the free course but was not persuaded by possibly the worst salesman I have met. Also went to Curry's who had one left at €919 but wouldn't match the price as they said the lens was different even though it looked exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mossey79

www.keaphoto.com canon 550D €677

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

If one was to buy the 550 canon does anyone know when the next half day course is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

Thanks Old Perry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

bigmanhole wrote: »
    If one was to buy the 550 canon does anyone know when the next half day course is
    When I did it last year, it was at the end of January IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 K4

Hi, I'm booked in to the next course, February 2011. Looking forward to it.
    New to SLR.
    Any tips to keep me going until I attend the course?
    Thanks

BY THE WAY.... Berminghams on the quays are having their sale from Saturday 6th November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

very late bump on this thread but simply electronics have this for € 665 @ the moment

Amazon have the 550 D for £614

Just ordered the 550d with the standard lens for 666 euro with free shipping :-)

Amazon have the 550 D for £614

That's come through as 722 euro

MiCr0 wrote: »
    very late bump on this thread but simply electronics have this for € 665 @ the moment

Will you have to pay duty on that price, if not its very good.

unit 1 wrote: »
    Will you have to pay duty on that price, if not its very good.
    #]

just google simply electronics-seems to be alot of problems with this website, not bery reliable it seems

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay, just arrived today from computeruniverse.net with 8 gig card and delivery for E733, ordered last monday.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Closing old gear threads now. Please post in this sticky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement