Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reach Midnight Launch

Options
  • 13-08-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Are there any places doing midnight launched for Reach?

A mate of mine asked in Game in Dundrum and apparently they aren't doing one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Korvanica wrote: »
    Are there any places doing midnight launched for Reach?

A mate of mine asked in Game in Dundrum and apparently they aren't doing one...

Did anywhere do it for Halo3? Or ODST for that matter??

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Did anywhere do it for Halo3?
    Loads of places did it for Halo 3. Hell, even the Gamestop in Tralee did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 subzero745

the gamestop in dundalk where im getting it is so there must be more than it

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Loads of places did it for Halo 3. Hell, even the Gamestop in Tralee did.

Haha great, I wasn't expecting there to be many places (or any if i'm honest) to do midnight releases. Shows how niave I am. Technically don't we get to play before the americans??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

There was a midnight launch for ODST in Dawson Street in Dublin which I went to.

Prior to that there was a big one for Halo 3 where they had Richard Dean Anderson and Stephens Green shopping centre opened for midnight, there were also a few other shops open too which were less packed.

I would assume there will definately be one or two midnight openings in Dublin, I'll be in Holland at the time so gonna see if anything's happening in Amsterdam on the night. Realy starting to anticpiate this game now, really loved ODST's firefight (not too keen on normal halo multiplayer really) and it looks brilliant in Reach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Rang Game in Galway, they said it's very likely but they'll let people know a few days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Game in dundrum had a midnight launch for both Halo 3 and ODST, so i'd find it strange if they dont do one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

xtravision in Ongar, clonsilla did one for Halo3 and said they will probably do it again for Reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Game in Ilac said they're most likely doing one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They better be doing one somewhere, or ill be forced up to the 24hr Tesco at 12 O clock....

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

GAME in Northside told me today they're doing a midnight Launch so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Undead wrote: »
    GAME in Northside told me today they're doing a midnight Launch so.

That will do me, any word on pricing?

I've gone to a few midnight launches, Halo 3, GTA4, COD6, etc, and they're rarely worth the hassle unless you're going to go home and play the game literally non-stop all night. As long as you don't pre-order so you're stuck to one particular outlet you can always get a copy next day by hitting a few different shops. Major release games generally come out here on a tuesday, but peak shopping doesn't start till thursday evening for the weekend. Get one in the couple of days before then and you'll be grand.

Most of the bigger Tesco stores usually have plenty of copies of big games, as do xtra vision, and nobody really thinks of going to those guys for games. Tesco don't do midnight launches, you have to wait till the next day, but Xtra vision sometimes do, and there's never a big crowd at them. Besides, if you visit a couple of the smaller gamestop or GAME outlets in the suburbs (not the main city centre branches) before 4 or 5 pm on launch days you'll always find at least a few unsold copies of whatever game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

robby^5 wrote: »
    Prior to that there was a big one for Halo 3 where they had Richard Dean Anderson and Stephens Green shopping centre opened for midnight

I went to that one, MacGyver never showed, fun night though. Plenty of Mario Kart got played in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

GAME in Cork are doing a midnight launch anyway. Was told today in the store, and they had signs up. They're doing midnight launches for a couple of other games too, Gran Turismo 5 being one of them, can't remember what the other one was.

Anybody know if Game on Dawson St. is doing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Muppet Man wrote: »
    xtravision in Ongar, clonsilla did one for Halo3 and said they will probably do it again for Reach.

I like the sound of that:cool: I love midnight launches. Taking the day off and game all night and day!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

The larger Xtra vision stores usually do midnight launches , going get mine there at 12 hopefully!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I asked in Game Limerick today, they're doing a midnight launch. They were putting copies in the cabinet behind the counter when I was in, the limited edition is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Hi guys.

We've just got word that 64 shops will be holding Midnight launches for Halo Reach on Monday night.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/435-glimpse-dog-irish-halo-reach-launch-party.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

wrote:
    Halo: Reach is available in standard edition (€69.99*), Limited Edition (€79.99*)
    and Legendary Edition (€119.99*).

Where did those prices come from :eek:... thats ridiculously expensive for the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

kendragon wrote: »
    Where did those prices come from :eek:... thats ridiculously expensive for the standard edition.

They're the suggested retail prices we were given by Microsoft. I'm sure most shops will be selling it for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    They're the suggested retail prices we were given by Microsoft. I'm sure most shops will be selling it for less.

Oh right... wow... (glances at piggybank) had me worried there for a minute. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PjayC

Looks like xtravision are doing a "first 5 customers in store get their copy HALF PRICE" thing

http://www.xtravision.ie/2010/September/HaloReachOpeningHours.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

I would love to go to a midnight launch but I will have college in the morning so I will need my sleep. Wish it wasn't the first week back because I would have taken the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Hi guys.

We've just got word that 64 shops will be holding Midnight launches for Halo Reach on Monday night.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/435-glimpse-dog-irish-halo-reach-launch-party.html

MS are only counting Xtravision and Gamestop stores. They seem to have forgotten about Game and Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Someone on bargain alerts mentioned Xtravision will have it for 49.99 and someone else said they thnk they saw a sign for it in Argos for 37.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tesco in the UK are selling it for £28 so I wouldnt be surprised if its under €40 here.

• I may sneak into [snipped] xtravision..maybe...although I would find it quite nerdy and embarrising if someone I knew spotted me! :p

• Advertisement

Game on Dawson St. will be doing a launch tonight.

Advertisement