Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOUTH AFRICAN IN DUBLIN LOOKING FOR WAVES

Options
  • 13-08-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey guys,

I am living in Dublin and looking for some waves!

Are there any places on the East Coast that are half decent and where is the closest spot I'll catch some waves should I need to travel outside Dublin?

Shwweet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Your closest spot is probably Strandhill, Co. Sligo. There are a few spots on the east coast but not very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

Not sure about the east coast but you can get to Waterford or Cork in 2.5-3 hrs and have a few spots to chose from. Not as consistent as west coast but good in Sept/Oct time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jackalberi

scazi wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am living in Dublin and looking for some waves!

Are there any places on the East Coast that are half decent and where is the closest spot I'll catch some waves should I need to travel outside Dublin?

Shwweet!

Did you find any ? my husband and I are moving from Cape Town to Ireland in November and he is desperate for some advice of where to get some good waves. He has already bought his 3/4mm wetsuit but still think he will freeze !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

jackalberi wrote: »
    Did you find any ? my husband and I are moving from Cape Town to Ireland in November and he is desperate for some advice of where to get some good waves. He has already bought his 3/4mm wetsuit but still think he will freeze !

The 3/4 is fine for the summer and autumn.

He needs a 5 millimetre plus for the winter here in Ireland...

Clare is probably the most consistent county for waves. ...

Advertisement