Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun - repair/service

Options
  • 13-08-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all ,
    I got a shotgun from my dad recently , this had been last fired about 15 years back and has been sitting there ever since ..

Now looks in perfect condition bar for the fact you would want the strenght of ten men to open it , also when you close it the opening lever doesnt seem to snap back to center sharply and seems to have a bit of play in it ..

so rather then risking losing the eyebrows or worse ,I wanted to get it checked out ..

so is there anyone in the muster area who does repairs that you would recommend
    Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Darr wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    I got a shotgun from my dad recently , this had been last fired about 15 years back and has been sitting there ever since ..

Now looks in perfect condition bar for the fact you would want the strenght of ten men to open it , also when you close it the opening lever doesnt seem to snap back to center sharply and seems to have a bit of play in it ..

so rather then risking losing the eyebrows or worse ,I wanted to get it checked out ..

so is there anyone in the muster area who does repairs that you would recommend
    Dar
    Sounds like its dry, drop of WD40 may do the trick, opening lever normally does not drop back to centre,(stand to be corrected here). Ardee Sports co Louth have in house Gun Smiths, very reasonable, Phone them and send just the stock in post I did 10Euro returned the following week, great service. Google Ardee and get phone number, what make and model is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Thanks for that deerhunter , i will be sure to check that out .

its a lanber sporter , older type fixed choke and no ejecting .. still i didnt want to see it cut in 1/2 as the father didnt want them anymore
    Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I'll second the opinion on Ardee sports. Left in an old but good merkel ejector s/s last season in Top Gun in Drogheda and they done as much as could be done without going into silly money territory. Reseated an ejector retention screw, tightened the locking mechanism and stock ( which really needs replacing ) and gave it a good clean up...all for 95 Euro... . Between the chap ( Syl ) in the shop and Tony on the tools they are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Your local gun dealer should know someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

Try giving Jeffers in Bandon a ring (023) 8841133.

I have only ever been in there once but when I was there he had a Shotgun in a vice working on it so he might do some level of repairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement