Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential GNP

• 13-08-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Can someone help me with a question i have been searching for ages in the college library.I need an answer for the definition of potential GNP?? I have looked everywhere but can only find answer for GDP not GNP.
    Any help would be very very appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

What a country could produce if it used all of its resources efficiently. In terms of elementary microeconomics, it's the highest point on the production possibility frontier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Efficient net-factor utilisation?

Unless you've gotten some kinky production function, in the standard 2 good case it will be any on the production frontier.

Keep in mind the definitial differences between GNP and GDP and you just apply the definition of GDP and note the differences in jurisdiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Unless you've gotten some kinky production function, in the standard 2 good case it will be any on the production frontier.

I don't think that's correct: it's GNP rather than physical output,, so relative prices matter.

Good point.
    I guess thats why one of us is in PhD school!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 titsmahgee

thanks very much everyone, hopefully that helped me pass my exam anyway!!

Advertisement