Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars Athlone

Options
  • 13-08-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:p staring in ait soon just wondering wheres go to head out in town that has alternative entertainment and what kind do they offer? where are the best sport bars for watch matches and great atmosphere. do students stay out near the college r do they head into town? where is the best entertainment going on :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

spar wrote: »
    :p staring in ait soon just wondering wheres go to head out in town that has alternative entertainment and what kind do they offer? where are the best sport bars for watch matches and great atmosphere. do students stay out near the college r do they head into town? where is the best entertainment going on :eek::eek:

Scribes which is on campus is prob the best spot and its where every student starts the night (unless they just get some tinnies and start at home of course) Q on a wednesday was the best nightclub to go to last year but previous years it was always blinkers(now genesis) students dont really drink in the pubs in town too much anymore. I think they all just go straight to the nightclubs now because they do free in before 1230 most nights.

Charlie Browns used to be very good back in the day(5/6 years ago) for the students but in the last 2 years its not been busy. Karma nightclub I wouldnt bother with if your a student. Good pubs in town are Seans, Snug, Gerties, Coppers and the new place Richard Graces which has an awesome smoking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Back in my day (christ I'm old) the students didn't go to the town too much, it almost seemed like the bars there didn't want them. Scribes or Brendans/Charlie Browns would always have something on.
    Is The Tack Room still there? Nice enough bas but Blinkers was a hole. Some great bars over the town; Seans, The Castle, The Shack, Harveys, Gertie Browns, Nutts Corner, Higgins, The Keg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055904065
    A discussion on some of the bars in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

You might wanna go to Genesis only when you've a cold/blocked nose, there's such a nasssty smell :/

Advertisement