Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Broadband - 30GB in 14 days???

Options
  • 13-08-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I signed up with 3G and took the 30G per month package. After 14 days my internet stopped and was told I had reached my 30G limit! How could I be using 2GB a day by browsing? I do not download and only visit gmail, facebook, bbc, banking etc...I was on my laptop for a few hours yest and see 2GB was used! Is there a chance something could be running on my laptop in the background thats using up Bites? We have a dongle so no-one could be connecting to our interent. Whats going on? Help please....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

video could do it, lots of players and youtube etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I signed up with 3G
    Three, not 3G. 3G is a technology and is used by all the mobile phone operators.
    Is there a chance something could be running on my laptop in the background thats using up Bites?

No.

Auto updates or something like that most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Did you do any of the following:

Stream video
    Auto updates
    Stream music
    Share your connection over wireless
    Allow someone else to use your pc

If not maybe contact your service provider and ask for a breakdown of where the data was used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Three's service doesn't stop when you hit your limits, your charged out of bundle costs but can still use it. Unless they added something i missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Truskmore

Do you have a Wifi router from 3 ? Problem could be that you did not secure your wireless router and some of your neighbours are piggybacking off your connection ???
    when I went on to 3 Broadband with a WIFI router I was warned to make sure that I password protected the WLAN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HappyChappy1

Dont have a router. Have a dongle thing. Maybe its the auto updates. How do I turn it off, if it is that?
    Today just been on gmail and almost 1G used. No videos watched at all.

Thanks for replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

thats odd 1GB just lokking at gmail:eek::eek:
    has never happened to me you may have to ring them to see whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Malicious software on your computer constantly downloading something , might be best to do a virus check.

I'm on o2 and a moderste user , youtube , ps3 online etc and only use 7GB a month. 1gb a day is seriously amiss!

Advertisement