Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any nice places for kayaking in dublin??

• 13-08-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hello there. i got a kayak there last year (one of those bic bilbao sit on top ones) went a couple of times over to blessington lakes last year for an hour or two.

is there anywhere else thats nice n quiet to go for a couple of hours paddling??

Any nice small slow flowin rivers around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

From Skerries Harbour, either south to one of the islands (not far), or North along the coast towards Balbriggan. Also nice spot for something to eat.
    Although I have never done it, Loughshinney would equally be nice, as would Rush.
    Not sure about rivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I have a BIC Bilbao myself.

From Howth Harbour, there's a public slipway on the inner harbour wall. From there out and around Ireland's Eye, or east towards and past the Nose of Howth.

From the Sutton side of Howth, track the cliffs out towards the Baily lighthouse.

On Dublin's south side, from Bulloch harbour, down the coast to Dalkey Island and the Muglins, taking time to 'admire' the houses that can't be seen from the road.

Works for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

TarfHead wrote: »
    I have a BIC Bilbao myself.

From Howth Harbour, there's a public slipway on the inner harbour wall. From there out and around Ireland's Eye, or east towards and past the Nose of Howth.

From the Sutton side of Howth, track the cliffs out towards the Baily lighthouse.

On Dublin's south side, from Bulloch harbour, down the coast to Dalkey Island and the Muglins, taking time to 'admire' the houses that can't be seen from the road.

Works for me ;)

Always take note of tidal streams when out on the open sea. You don't want to find yourself paddling against a strong tide (and going backwards)

http://www.dlharbour.ie/content/maps/streams.php

Advertisement