Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

marriage separation,leaving work and SW benefits

• 13-08-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Everybody, i am really hoping somebody out there can help me. i have decided that after 5 years of being married to a serial cheater to finally pluck up the courage to leave him with 1yr old daughter. Thing is I am currently in part time employment and well I can't see myself being able to afford the creche costs for my daughter on the wages I receive and foresee that my husband will not pay any maintenance until its battled out with solicitors. I'm just wondering if I quit work will i be entitleed to any SW benefits. I'd really appreciate any info anybody might have as I am really worried for our future financially and I am desperate to be able to leave him and cannot cope with having to stay with him for financial security only. Thanks:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You will be entitled to lone parents allowance and may still be entitled to some (or even most of it depending on your wages) if you continue to work.

<Edt>If you continue to work and are not entitled to any lone parents (depending on your wages) you may be eligable for Family Income Support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sorry just realised you said you work part-time so more than likely you will get almost the full lone parent's allowance, you should also be able to claim some rent allowance. It's in the country's interest to make sure it's children are provided for. Get on to your local citizens advice bureaux for full advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 battydee

Thanks adrenalinejunkie, i did ring the citizen's advice bureau last year when i was still on maternity. Unfortunately, they told me that i would have to be separated at least 3 months from him before i would receive any payments. Unfortunately, i just don't have the funds to keep up with the rent and creche payments for that long. I was kind of hoping to see if anybody had been in a similiar situation to me that would be able to advise me somehow. I really appreciate you replying so quickly though. Thanks very much.:)

Advertisement