Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin.Nightclubs and dresscodes

Options
  • 13-08-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hey all.I'm heading up to Dublin tomorrow for the weekend with a few friends.

We have the pub picked to go to but we don't know about any of the nightclubs.Could anyone recommend some?Also what are the dresscodes for some of the nightclubs and are they very strict?

Usually when I go for a night on the town where I'm from I'll wear a check shirt with the sleeves rolled up,jeans and a pair of Vans.I have no problem getting into the nightclub in my town wearing this but would I get into one in Dublin wearing these clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Check your sense of direction first my dear sheepshagger and ask yourself if the Dublin forum would be better placed to answer your question. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Strictly dickybows and socks with sandals. No exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Actually; seeing as your from S'common; bedeck yourself head to toe with Tommy Hilfiger from Donnellans and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

cson wrote: »
    Check your sense of direction first my dear sheepshagger and ask yourself if the Dublin forum would be better placed to answer your question. ;)

I kind of take offence to that.
    cson wrote: »
    Actually; seeing as your from S'common; bedeck yourself head to toe with Tommy Hilfiger from Donnellans and you'll be fine.

Honestly we don't all pronounce it that way.We do have some sophisticated people over here as hard as that is to believe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Hey all.I'm heading up to Dublin tomorrow for the weekend with a few friends.

We have the pub picked to go to but we don't know about any of the nightclubs.Could anyone recommend some?Also what are the dresscodes for some of the nightclubs and are they very strict?

Usually when I go for a night on the town where I'm from I'll wear a check shirt with the sleeves rolled up,jeans and a pair of Vans.I have no problem getting into the nightclub in my town wearing this but would I get into one in Dublin wearing these clothes?

I will try and be helpful :rolleyes:

I would say you would be fine getting into anywhere wearing what you said. Just make sure the vans are clean.

As of where to go, im not to sure..what kind of music are you into, are there many going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Danye wrote: »
    Just make sure the vans are clean.

yeah i hate when people write "also available in white" in the dirt along the side :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Never found most Dublin pubs clubs to be too strict on dress codes. Maybe avoid Temple Bar if you're worried about it. Temple Bar is best avoided anyway.

I think when it comes to getting into pubs/clubs, make sure you're not drunk approching the door, and treat the bouncers with a bit of respect. No problemo :)

Danye wrote: »
    I will try and be helpful :rolleyes:

I would say you would be fine getting into anywhere wearing what you said. Just make sure the vans are clean.

As of where to go, im not to sure..what kind of music are you into, are there many going?

The Vans are grey and black anyway and they're always clean.

Well when I go out I'm not too picky about music.I'm very open minded about it.Erm it's just two of my friends and myself.
    Skerries wrote: »
    yeah i hate when people write "also available in white" in the dirt along the side :rolleyes::D

Haha I see how irritating that would be.
    Detour wrote: »
    Never found most Dublin pubs clubs to be too strict on dress codes. Maybe avoid Temple Bar if you're worried about it. Temple Bar is best avoided anyway.

I think when it comes to getting into pubs/clubs, make sure you're not drunk approching the door, and treat the bouncers with a bit of respect. No problemo :)

I've heard stories about Temple Bar alright haha.

Well I won't need to worry about that because I'm not a big drinker,meaning I know when to stop and I'm also a very friendly,respectful guy.

Thanks for the help people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Well I won't need to worry about that because I'm not a big drinker,meaning I know when to stop and I'm also a very friendly,respectful guy.

this your first trip to dublin so :pac: and you dont realize the panic of last orders anywhere in dublin where ya gotta buy 10 drinks in case the bar never ever opens ever again!!EVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You'll be grand wearing that. No where isn't that fussy with the exception of dandelion as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've never been turned away from anywhere in Dublin and my usual out on the town attire is jeans, converse and a shirt or t-shirt.

Mind you my philosophy has always been if someone turns me away because I'm not dressed to their "standards" then it's a place I don't want to be in anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Johnny im from a similar part of the world so ill help ya out.

On clothes, some of the late bars and clubs catering for mid 20's and above will expect you to wear brown or black footwear. Does not have to be sensible shiny shoes, dark coloured trainers are usually ok, just as long as they are not white. Shirts and tshirts are fine as long as they are not sportswear. Most bouncers will be more worried about people being too pissed rather than their clothes.

On where to go; Whelans is good if you like indie/rock, Bernard Shaw if you prefer dance, Flannerys if you want to get drunk and talk to chicks. These are all around Wexford/ Camden St.

If you want a mix of all the above go to Georges St to Grafton St area. Lots of good pubs here such as Hogans, the no-name next door, Globe, Sheebeen, Dakota, South William. Plenty of late bars so no need to pay into a club. And you can wear sneakers or trainers into all the pubs ive mentioned! Cheers!

Johnny im from a similar part of the world so ill help ya out.

On clothes, some of the late bars and clubs catering for mid 20's and above will expect you to wear brown or black footwear. Does not have to be sensible shiny shoes, dark coloured trainers are usually ok, just as long as they are not white. Shirts and tshirts are fine as long as they are not sportswear. Most bouncers will be more worried about people being too pissed rather than their clothes.

On where to go; Whelans is good if you like indie/rock, Bernard Shaw if you prefer dance, Flannerys if you want to get drunk and talk to chicks. These are all around Wexford/ Camden St.

If you want a mix of all the above go to Georges St to Grafton St area. Lots of good pubs here such as Hogans, the no-name next door, Globe, Sheebeen, Dakota, South William. Plenty of late bars so no need to pay into a club. And you can wear sneakers or trainers into all the pubs ive mentioned! Cheers!

Well I'm really big into rock music so Whelans sounds like a good place to go.If I don't get to go there then the late bars don't sound too bad either.

Just one more question.What time do the late bars stay open till?

Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Late bars serve til 2 or 2.30.

If you prefer heavy rock or metal then Bruxelles basement, off Grafton St, might be the place for you. Whelans is more alternative rock and indie, and i think you have to pay €10 after 10.30 so get in early. Decent gig on there tonight actually

Late bars serve til 2 or 2.30.

If you prefer heavy rock or metal then Bruxelles basement, off Grafton St, might be the place for you. Whelans is more alternative rock and indie, and i think you have to pay €10 after 10.30 so get in early. Decent gig on there tonight actually

No alternative rock is definitely my thing.I think Whelans will definitely be my destination.Thanks for all the help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I nearly always wear white runners when going out and the only place I've been refused is Rain in Portabello. If the bouncers don't like the look of you they will use it as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Any bouncer refusing you from Rain is doing you a favour

Advertisement