Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old lost dog

• 13-08-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Noticed this old fella hanging around my apartment building for about a week. Decided to take him in out of the rain and give him some grub.

He's an old gent this guy. I don't think I've ever come across a more well behaved dog.

4887714417_063ec49a2f_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

oh my god he is the spit of my fella.. tho mine is only 2

bless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Love the narrow DOF. Good job, I commend you for taking him in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Lovely portrait, he looks real sad though. Did you decide to keep him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

He does look sad poor thing, great pic, feel like I've really met him.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

He's a lovely looking little fellow. Good size for an apartment too perhaps! Are you going to keep him? He would relish a caring home for sure!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I'm going to see if I can get him scanned for a microchip before I decide what to do with him. He might just be lost, which means there might be someone looking for him. But I'll take care of him as best I can until then.

He's very clever though. He was trying to take a nap a while ago and quickly realized that the wood floors aren't very comfy. So, he decided he was going to commandeer the sofa, but because he's a gentleman of vintage he ain't too spry. After a few failed attempts at vaulting his way onto the couch he came over to where I was, poked me with his paw a few times then walked back over to the sofa and stared at me. I came over, lifted him onto the sofa and he was snoring within about 30 seconds I'd say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Thats a lovely thing to do. Nice pic too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

While he seem's sad he is more a grizzly street wise Dog and fully appreciates his new lamp o' the genie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

While he seem's sad he is more a grizzly street wise Dog and fully appreciates his new lamp o' the genie.

True but my dog pulls the same face almost every time the camera is pointed at her. She just dont like it / is scared of it

hhmmm... another version of Shrek's Puss in Boots ? Clever. ;)

http://www.mylot.com/w/image/2113869.aspx

• Advertisement

Hey Gloobag, it just occurred to me, did you post this in the Lost and Found (pets) section ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Thanks a lot gloobag - lovely image and story to boot.

Hi Gloobag just wondering about the canine old fella, did you find its owner(s) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Hi Gloobag just wondering about the canine old fella, did you find its owner(s) ?

No, but he's being looked after. One of the other residents in my building arranged for a rescue to take him. There was a few of us looking out for him it would seem :)

He stayed with me for the most part, but when I wasn't around he stayed in the lobby of the building where someone else had set up a bed and food and water for him. It was gas, he was like a little scruffy doorman, coz he'd be right there waiting at the main door whenever you came in.

He also seemed to have great fun going up and down in the elevator all day with all the different people :D

Advertisement