Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Mayo, other non sugar recipes

Options
  • 13-08-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a nice easy homemade mayonaise recipe they can share? I love mayonaise but am now on a non-sugar/white flour diet so cannot have it:(. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone has any other sugar free/non white flour recipes please do share.

I've got Xylitol from the natural food shop (sugar replacer). So can use this in recipes as a substitute for normal sugar. But if anyone has similar diet intolerances and any nice recipes i'd be delighted to try them out:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Put an egg yolk into a cup. Using a milk frother blend in salt, pepper and a bit of mustard. Pour in sunflour oil drop by drop. The mayo will emulsify. Keep adding oil until the required consistancy is reached.

This can be done in a blender also.

Another method is to put a whole egg into a blender. Switch it on and add in oil bit by bit until the mix has turned white. Add in 1/2 teasp vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.

Either way the important part is to add the oil really slowly. The mayo will last about 3 days in the fridge.

Are you looking for other non-flour / sugar sauces?? Or just non-flour recipes in general (there are a lot of them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

if you use a blender, rather than using the hand whisk method, your mayo will be much thicker than normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 doodlenoodle

To tips for making mayo:
    • take the eggs out of the fridge early on, they shoud preferably be room temperature when you use them.
    • If the mayo cuts, start again with a new egg and use the cut maho as the oil, adding it slowly.

Advertisement